MCE2005 - What receivers

herisson12

Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
I have a MCE2005 machine, with 2 tuner cards and I want to switch to Dish. I dont have any Dish receiver yet, so I can order any. I am not interested in HD (for the moment)

Should I go with a single 322, two 301, two 111
Or should I get the 522 DVR?

Any comments on picture quality, channel switching, overall integration satisfaction with MCE .....

Thanks!

I have an MCE 2004 (Windows Media Center Edition) machine, and although I don't have it permanently hooked up to my Dish receiver, I have played with it a little bit. One thing to be aware of is that the MCE box will not control any receiver via the RF remote commands, meaning that with the 322, 522 boxes, only TV output 1 would be able to be used, as I believe that the second tuner in those machines is controlled strictly from RF remotes.

I would stick with two seperate recievers, and you don't need a DVR reciever since MCE provides that for you. The only reason you may need a 501,508,510 box is if you desire the digital audio out.

Hope that helps.

Do NOT get a DVR! The DVRs goto sleep and your MCE box wont be able to wake it up.

I'd stay with mce2005 if I were you. You get season passes with mce2005 and it doesn't crash as much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts