MDU DPP44 switch question...

ThePiedPyper

Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
Hey all!

I have a question. I'm currently running a single 1k.2 dish to a 44 switch and then a duo node with 2 Hoppers and an isolator off of one feed for a Hopper.

Additionally, I've got the power inserter on port #1 going to a 722k in a customers townhouse. 1 of the Hoppers is receiving a "no connection" signal. Will I need to run a separate coax cable for the power inserter of port #1, and then bring the 722 off of a second 44 switch? Or could I make all 3 receivers work somehow on the one dpp44 switch using the 722k line. It's difficult to run any new lines and there is only 1 coax line feeding each town home.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

This is how I have it now. And the customer is getting the no connection on the hopper. Any other suggestions?

She's getting the 1303 and 1305 message on the Joey, or its not finding the Hopper. Not all the time, but enough. Any ideas? Bad Joey or do I need to boost the signal somehow? It's running on one line from the duo node into her access panel and from there connecting the client and hopper with the connector.

Thanks in advance.

No connection? What is the error number, I've never heard of that message. It sounds like a TV message. Maybe the Hopper is rebooting , hence the Joeys being unable to link to the Hopper (1303) or see a MoCA network at all (1305).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I shouldn't say "no connection". It's the 1303 and 1305. But happening a lot at night. Both messages back to back. Has anyone ever ran in to this kind of stuff?

Thanks.

Maybe there is a loose connector somewhere and there is some sort of ingress. Maybe there is a connection that has a stinger that is too short and barely making a connection.

Yeah I went over there today and nothing. Do you think if I disconnected the 722 from port 1 of the DPP44 switch ran it to a dedicated power, and then added another DPP44 off the first for the 722 would help at all?

I personally doubt it. This messages indicate an intermittent MoCA connection problem. I've run the same setup you have and never had this problem.

I would go from connection to connection throughout the cable runs and ensure everything is tight and visually inspect the lines. I would also disconnect each connection and verify the stingers are between 1/16-3/6". That is where I bet you find something wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts