MDU Residential - HD fee

screamin21

Original poster
May 23, 2011
Nebraska
So I'm planning a move to a new apartment next month. One of the apartments I looked at offers Dish Network where I get to select my package (AT120, AT200, AT250, movies, premium channels, etc), but the signal comes through the apartment complex's giant dish rather than me having to get an individual dish installed. The question I have is that there is a $10 HD fee. Dish Network is supposed to be the home of "free HD" so I know that if I signed up individually for a 2-year contract they waive the $10 fee. Is there a way that I can get it so that I don't have to pay that fee using the apartment's set up? Also, they have a $14/mo HD-DVR receiver lease fee. Is that pretty standard? Basically wondering if there is a way to get the HD fee waived on the MDU dish set-up. Thanks

I assume you mean that the appt either sets up your accnt or uses a retailer to set up your accnt, right? Which means that you should have your own accnt setup in your name, it's just that you are using the MDU's existing dish, is that correct?

Have you tried signing up for HD FFL from the website? The MDU dish should be irrelevant as long as you're able to get some HD programming with it. If the online signup doesn't work, try chat or calling, I'm pretty sure that no one needs to roll out to you to do it, so telling them you have the MDU dish or your own is completely irrelevant.

I have seen customers with MDU dishes on HD FFL so I know it's possible somehow.

I believe the OP is not a DISH subscriber yet... and the complex offers DISH Network included in the rent. I would need more information from the OP, but I could certainly answer any questions the OP had regarding that type of setup.

If I am correct in my assumption, a certain package is included in the rent (QAM style) and anything above that package (to include DVRs, which are $17+$6, not $14) would be additional. HDFFL in an MDU type account may or may not be available. It really depends on what type of account it is (some are considered "commercial"). Any information that the OP could give would really let me expand on it. Also, if the OP could provide the apartment complex and zip, I could find out everything there is to know about that property and give 100% information. Just post it here and I will get you covered, screamin21.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts