ME and *E reunite!

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
So after leaving *D because of constant issues I'm back with *E. Installer left about 2 hours ago and it feels like I never left:). Now of course I do have a couple quick questions and hopefully someone can help.
1.Now if I record say a episodes of "COPS" on G4 and choose the new episode option will it just look for new episodes on G4 or will it also look for new episodes on other channels(local Fox channel has new episodes on Saturdays)??

2. Curious of you guys are using the Favorites/channel lock option. So in order to display channels I want to see only in the guide I choose the channel locks option. I figured this was better then to set up a favorites list because of possibly missing a new channel when they come out? Is this most logical way to do this?
Im lovin it (with the exception of *E dropping WFN in HD-they need to update their website as they are still promoting it in HD) SO glad to be back and thank in advance guys!

3. This one I looked for but couldn't find the answer to. On my 722K I currently have a 20.0IR for TV1 and the 21.0UHF for TV2. IS there any way for me to program another remote (6.4 UHF PRO) to TV1 so I can control the kitchen TV which is also being feed of the 722K? I did the trick where you hit the system info then hold down the SAT button, hit record 3 times. Well this works but then it disables the other remote???Any work around? Thanks guys

Last edited:
Welcome back to Dish!

1. If you use a season pass, then it will find them on any subscribed channel, otherwise it will just find on the channel you have selected.

:welcome Back!!! Yes, you can program the 6.4 UHF Pro but instead of selecting record 3 times, type the number in the white box next to the primary or secondary remote address (depending on which TV you have mirrored in the kitchen) select the "#" under the number 9 and the "Record" once. Both remotes need to be set to the same remote address!

I was constantly getting searching for satellite issues and really bad pixilization. I had 3 techs out in about a month's span and none of them could pin point the problem.Money wise Im going to break about even when the promos run out.

So after leaving *D because of constant issues I'm back with *E. Installer left about 2 hours ago and it feels like I never left:). Now of course I do have a couple quick questions and hopefully someone can help.
1.Now if I record say a episodes of "COPS" on G4 and choose the new episode option will it just look for new episodes on G4 or will it also look for new episodes on other channels(local Fox channel has new episodes on Saturdays)??

2. Curious of you guys are using the Favorites/channel lock option. So in order to display channels I want to see only in the guide I choose the channel locks option. I figured this was better then to set up a favorites list because of possibly missing a new channel when they come out? Is this most logical way to do this?
Im lovin it (with the exception of *E dropping WFN in HD-they need to update their website as they are still promoting it in HD) SO glad to be back and thank in advance guys!

3. This one I looked for but couldn't find the answer to. On my 722K I currently have a 20.0IR for TV1 and the 21.0UHF for TV2. IS there any way for me to program another remote (6.4 UHF PRO) to TV1 so I can control the kitchen TV which is also being feed of the 722K? I did the trick where you hit the system info then hold down the SAT button, hit record 3 times. Well this works but then it disables the other remote???Any work around? Thanks guys

I personally prefer setting up a favorites list rather than the locked out myself. You can always chck ch 102 to find out what the previews are each month to find out about those. As far as new channels coming on board you are looking here so you will see talk about them here.

Welcome back to the greener side...lots more to look forward to. Despite some procedural problems, (which a boisterous minority complains about) Dish is forward moving. D* has pretty much stalled out.

Last edited:
KAB said:
Welcome back to the greener side...lots more to look forward to. Despite some procedural problems, (which a boisterous minority complains about) Dish is forward moving. D* has pretty much stalled out.

Except for the stupid banner on premium channels! ...... sorry, I had to say it, only BC I know we both stand firmly on the same side of that fiasco :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts