ME TV Dallas GONE?....coming back 12/23

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
I was told by channel 47 they didn't renew their contract for METV. I hope some other Dallas broadcaster jumps on it, I just hope they have a good broadcast signal. Some one like 49 would be better with METV than their plans for GetTV.

yup just read that at avs that Metv was dropped on 47-4 and 47-1.

Some one like 49 would be better with METV than their plans for GetTV.
there is a little issue with that. 49 is owned by Univision who said they would put GetTV on their affiliates
Univision Communications plans to launch GetTV in 25 markets served by a station owned by the group

yup just read that at avs that Metv was dropped on 47-4 and 47-1.

there is a little issue with that. 49 is owned by Univision who said they would put GetTV on their affiliates
Univision Communications plans to launch GetTV in 25 markets served by a station owned by the group
49-2 is supposed to be GETTV but wouldn't 49-3 METV be nice. A start up and a proven channel together on a broadcaster that already has a proven signal. 47 used to broadcast 4 sub channels so there is plenty of bandwidth.

According to METV AT&T U-verse in Dallas is supposed to start carrying ME TV on Nov.8th on channel 136

Last edited:
interesting....I thought cable providers can't carry a station like that unless its a subchannel/channel in the market. Maybe AT&T is trying to get it on nationally in their footprint?

someone posted over at avs that next Monday @6AM local it starts back OTA (again take with grain of salt) in Big D

Zap2it listings show Me-TV programming on KTXA 21.2 starting Monday, Dec 23.

Broadcasting and Cable has an article today
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/local-tv/me-tv-finds-new-dallas-home/128034

Dallas fans of Me-TV, a vocal bunch, will reunite with their beloved “Memorable Entertainment Television” multicast net Dec. 23. London Broadcasting-owned KTXD split with Me-TV Oct. 30, but the network debuts shortly on its new home, KTXA.

CBS owns independent KTXA. Me-TV will air on KTXA’s dot-two channel.

I have an email from ME confirming they are coming back. Also I found 21.2 listed on my TiVo with ME programming. Unless their programming goes South it looks like they are back to stay with a good solid broadcaster.

The one thing I'm curious about is whether AT&T will drop channel the current MeTV feed on channel 136 on U-Verse. While it's good to have MeTV back on DFW OTA and the fact that a major network owned station picked them up is probably going to be a big boost for the network....there's no guarantee that AT&T will keep the national feed, or even add KTXA's subchannel. And I don't own rabbit ears and have no plans on buying any. And my location in an apartment in Euless makes an outdoor antenna impossible. And AT&T doesn't carry any of the other DFW station's subchannels...so the likelihood of adding KTXA 21.2 is slim to none.

The one thing I'm curious about is whether AT&T will drop channel the current MeTV feed on channel 136 on U-Verse. While it's good to have MeTV back on DFW OTA and the fact that a major network owned station picked them up is probably going to be a big boost for the network....there's no guarantee that AT&T will keep the national feed, or even add KTXA's subchannel. And I don't own rabbit ears and have no plans on buying any. And my location in an apartment in Euless makes an outdoor antenna impossible. And AT&T doesn't carry any of the other DFW station's subchannels...so the likelihood of adding KTXA 21.2 is slim to none.
Sounds like you need to contact at&t to ask about their future plans this forum is for over the air broadcasts and I don't see how we could answer for at&t.