Media player problems in win XP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dannymcenrow

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Detroit MI
Ok so I have an old G5 powermac.About a week ago I decided to install virtual PC on it and WINDOWS XP.I don't have a newer version so I installed XP.But as always windows or everything else from Microsoft comes with Problems.It started that my son wanted to watch a video that requires Windows Media player.He fired up Media player but a message came saying that something like to watch this video you need to upgrade your Media player to version 11.DO YOU WANT AN UPGRADE?My son clicked yes and it started downloading.Then it prompted for a restart.I told him to close virtual pc and then start it up again and boot windows.He did that and went to click on windows media player and a message came saying:THIS VERSION OF MEDIA PLAYER WILL ONLY WORK WITH WINDOWS 7.And BANG that's it.Media player no longer works!!!!!!WEn't to reinstall Windows Xp but it won't overwrite Media player 11 BUT WINDOWS PLAYER 11 DOESN"T WORK WITH WIN XP.What can I do to fix this problem?And if media player 11 is incopatible with XP WHY DOES IT PROMPT YOU TO INSTALL IT THEN????Man Windows has gotten worse

WMP 11 works on XP just fine.
The one case when it won't work is if your XP isn't properly licensed...

Also, it is (was?) known that Macs are not very good at passing the audio specs to virtualized Windows...

But as always windows or everything else from Microsoft comes with Problems.
Not really.
Problems mostly arise from snobbish Apple user that think they know something about computers...:)

Diogen.

Listen.It got nothing to do with snobbish people here.My mac is passing audio to windows just fine it's just windows media player is not working.But I don't miss it anyway I mostly use leopard for everything.My wife has a pc with windows vista but the motherboard died.But that computer was slooooooooow I couldn't even come to Satelitteguys it would run so sluggish in internet explorer.But with safari it runs fast and smooth thanks to the dualG5 processors with VELOCITY ENGINE and ALTIVEC technology.Too bad that they swithed to intel processors now but I'll try to keep my G5 as long as possible.But I'm getting a vintage laptop also it's a COmpaq ARmada it has a 233mmx intel processor.That processor didn't quite make it but it was the best processor intel ever made.The MMX means it has the thechnology to perform floating point calculations fast and that's good for games and things like that.But the processors of today don't have that so if they are clocked at 2.0 ghz they run slower then a Pentium mmx processor on floating point calculations even with dual core.And since I have a collection of old games for this system this will be our gaming computer.

Want my advice?
Find another venue to preach your delusions and form opinions on what a Brasilian friend does with computer parts on sale...

Nearly every FACTUAL statement you made about Windows is utter garbage:
- WMP 11 runs on XP. If you can't pay for it at least do some reading and learn to use BitTorrent;
- WMP 11 isn't REQUIRED to play anything;
- there is no format - WMV included - that an updated (from MS) QuickTime on G5 won't play.

BTW, there are a lot of free AntiViruses, one of them from Microsoft. But I guess this automatically disqualifies it...

Sometimes I think I'd have a much better opinion about Macs if it wouldn't be for people like you doing the worshiping...

Diogen.

oK what does a Brazilian friend has to do with this?????Windows Media player doesn't work because on mine it says:This VERSION OF MEDIA PLAYER REQUIRES WINDOWS 7 TO RUN.So I guess I need to install windoes 7 to make it run.ButI won'tYes I don't need Media Player for anything anyway so it's useless I know so I don't care if it works or not.I can just use quicktime.My point is that windows Prompted to install something that won't work.Why doesit prompt you to install then mess up my system?That's my poin.Now if you want to start a Mac vs Pc war in here that's up to you.BUt I don't have a specific problem with either of them.I'm even gonna get a vintage pc with windows 95 later this month.And I don't know how yu find out that I'm married to a Brazilian and why do you habe to throw that in my face..

Ok so I have an old G5 powermac.About a week ago I decided to install virtual PC on it and WINDOWS XP.I don't have a newer version so I installed XP.But as always windows or everything else from Microsoft comes with Problems.It started that my son wanted to watch a video that requires Windows Media player.He fired up Media player but a message came saying that something like to watch this video you need to upgrade your Media player to version 11.DO YOU WANT AN UPGRADE?My son clicked yes and it started downloading.Then it prompted for a restart.I told him to close virtual pc and then start it up again and boot windows.He did that and went to click on windows media player and a message came saying:THIS VERSION OF MEDIA PLAYER WILL ONLY WORK WITH WINDOWS 7.And BANG that's it.Media player no longer works!!!!!!WEn't to reinstall Windows Xp but it won't overwrite Media player 11 BUT WINDOWS PLAYER 11 DOESN"T WORK WITH WIN XP.What can I do to fix this problem?And if media player 11 is incopatible with XP WHY DOES IT PROMPT YOU TO INSTALL IT THEN????Man Windows has gotten worse

Listen.It got nothing to do with snobbish people here.My mac is passing audio to windows just fine it's just windows media player is not working.But I don't miss it anyway I mostly use leopard for everything.My wife has a pc with windows vista but the motherboard died.But that computer was slooooooooow I couldn't even come to Satelitteguys it would run so sluggish in internet explorer.But with safari it runs fast and smooth thanks to the dualG5 processors with VELOCITY ENGINE and ALTIVEC technology.Too bad that they swithed to intel processors now but I'll try to keep my G5 as long as possible.But I'm getting a vintage laptop also it's a COmpaq ARmada it has a 233mmx intel processor.That processor didn't quite make it but it was the best processor intel ever made.The MMX means it has the thechnology to perform floating point calculations fast and that's good for games and things like that.But the processors of today don't have that so if they are clocked at 2.0 ghz they run slower then a Pentium mmx processor on floating point calculations even with dual core.And since I have a collection of old games for this system this will be our gaming computer.

oK what does a Brazilian friend has to do with this?????Windows Media player doesn't work because on mine it says:This VERSION OF MEDIA PLAYER REQUIRES WINDOWS 7 TO RUN.So I guess I need to install windoes 7 to make it run.ButI won'tYes I don't need Media Player for anything anyway so it's useless I know so I don't care if it works or not.I can just use quicktime.My point is that windows Prompted to install something that won't work.Why doesit prompt you to install then mess up my system?That's my poin.Now if you want to start a Mac vs Pc war in here that's up to you.BUt I don't have a specific problem with either of them.I'm even gonna get a vintage pc with windows 95 later this month.And I don't know how yu find out that I'm married to a Brazilian and why do you habe to throw that in my face..

Your posts hurt my eyes, have you ever used the space-bar?

Oh don't worry I will never post anyting in this forum anymore.That's the problem in this country you know.People don't respect each other.I have MAc but if other people got windows I don't care it's their choice and their money.My mac is in my house not yours so why attack me.?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)