Media Server is Buggy

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I just hooked up a media server and accessed it with my Hopper for the first time over the weekend. It is a great step forward in technology, but see some bugs. When I play a movie and want to stop it there is not a way to resume. I have to start over from the beginning each time. Is this how it is supposed to work? It is also making folders for my pictures by the years. I would rather look at all of the pictures on 1 screen at once. Is there a way to play a song that is on my media server when I am playing pictures? Thanks.

I have a Plex server and the only way "resume" works is if I use the Plex client for viewing. I suspect this is simply a limitation in the protocol that Dish uses to talk to the server. Have you had the Dish client just randomly stop playing something and play the next file? No playlist or queue set up either... That's fun!

A media player that reads SMB/CIFS and/or NFS shares is generally more capable than one that only does DLNA. In fact, my HWS has never worked reliably with DLNA, regardless of server software.

I never figured out how to set up a media server, so I am missing out. I want to have my home videos from my phone on my tv....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)