Mediacom set to launch a sports package?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

garn9173

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
Ankeny, IA
The following channels showed up tonight on the on screen guide, but not available for viewing:

171 - College Sports TV
172 - Fox College Sports Atlantic
173 - Fox College Sports Central
174 - Fox College Sports Pacific
175 - Gol TV
176 - Tennis Channel
177 - Sportsman Channel

I placed a call to Mediacom and actually got someone here in the Des Moines area and the CSR was seeing the same thing I was, but didn't have an answer as to what's going on.

here's the response I got from a CSR, you could probably call or e-mail and get a different response:

We do not have any updates at this time. I know that we are in the final testing phase of these channels. But we do not know when they will be available and how much they will be. I will keep this email on file and when they are available I will let you know. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

My question is then, if nothing has been set in stone with regard to launching these channels, why make them available in the on screen guide? I'm sure I haven't been the only one calling or e-mailing about this.

garn9173 said:
The following channels showed up tonight on the on screen guide, but not available for viewing:
171 - College Sports TV
172 - Fox College Sports Atlantic
173 - Fox College Sports Central
174 - Fox College Sports Pacific
175 - Gol TV
176 - Tennis Channel
177 - Sportsman Channel
I placed a call to Mediacom and actually got someone here in the Des Moines area and the CSR was seeing the same thing I was, but didn't have an answer as to what's going on.

At least in the Des Moines market, the Mediacom Sports Package is now available as an add on at $3.99 a month. Now if they would just add NFL Network :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)