Members' Home Theaters

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I just noticed that it's now called "Member Equipment Photos". What happened to our old photos? Why weren't they just transferred to the new section? Are they gone? I don't seem to have them on my hdd anymore, and would like to post them in the new section. I'm a lazy mofo, and don't relish having to take new pics.

Don't feel bad Gary, you aren't the only one, I don't think we are lazy, but I don't even remember getting a notice that maybe we should backup the photos and the detailed descriptions. I take over 1000 photos a month between family, events and my wife's business, and have no clue where mine are either and they were just right! I hate it most that the descriptions are gone, I can take new photos I guess; but I feel exactly like you on this and have posted about it twice within the first 3 weeks without a hint of answer.

Scott should at least say "sorry guys". But, I suppose it's better than another satellite site where "JL" would just say it's all your fault, then delete your post if you disagreed.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't see this before. (Actually wait it was only posted about an hour ago) :D

We announced before we upgraded our software 3 or 4 months ago that this was going to happen. (In fact I believe I gave a few weeks notice)

We have updated to new software to store these pictures so we do not lose them whenever we upgrade to the next version of our software or when and if we move to a more advanced forum software package.

The nice part of this software is basically each member has 50 meg of space to post their photos.

In addition I can add your most recent photos to your user profile. :) (It was like that before but I needed to change it a few weeks ago but it will be coming back again soon. :)

Yep Scott, it mentioned that the photos were going to be removed; but I guess I shouldn't have assumed that all the text would remain and I was just going to re-up the photos. Since there was no specific mention to save the text, I thought it was going to migrate over like all the posts.

charper1 said:
I take over 1000 photos a month between family, events and my wife's business, and have no clue where mine are either and they were just right!
You were storing those photos at satelliteguys.us site ??

I take over 1000 photos a month between family, events and my wife's business, and have no clue where mine are either and they were just right!
The old software would only let you store 6 photos, so they were not here. :D

The new software gives each user 10 Megabytes of Space if your a regular registered user or 50 Megabytes of space if you are a supporter / pub member. :)

GaryPen said:
I'm a little hurt. Not even a "nice setup there gary". Or, "That looks like crap". Or, "How many nanofarads is the includence on the projector interconnect flanging squib?"
I didn't want Scott to ask me for even more TV's! SHHHHHH! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)