memories....a USSB channel list

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Found something that might bring back some memories. Was at my mom’s and I grabbed the remote for the DirecTV and saw the old USSB channel list on back. I couldn’t take a picture because the print was small and the label is really old. But I did make out the channel list : )

This was the old USSB channel list before DirecTV bought them.

960 TVLand
963 All News Channel
965 VH1
967 Lifetime
968 Nickelodeon
970 FLIX
971 Sundance
973 Cinemax
974 Cinemax 2
975 Cinemax West
977 Movie Channel
978 Movie Channel West
980 HBO
981 HBO2
982 HBO3
983 HBO West
984 HBO2 West
985 Showtime
986 Showtime 2
987 Showtime West
989 MTV
990 Comedy Central
999 USSB channel

I remember unpacking my first DRD102RW reciever with single lnb dish back in 1997.. It cost $350, and I picked it up at Radio Shack..

Soon after it was hooked up, my mother and grandparents wanted it in their rooms too...

So.. 2 more DRD102s, a multiswitch, a dual LNB, and about $800 later (in addition to the $350) We were cooking with the good ole USSB and DirecTV combo..

Funny thing is, that dish is still mounted on that house, and still gets a Signal of 96 on most transponders.

Good ole' days indeed!!

I am still using my Sony dish from my original set....Sony SAT-A2 + self install kit + Dual LNB dish (with the flashing signal strength light on the dish itself to help you lock in the signal)....$800 smackers! The dish is so weathered, you cannot read 'Sony' or 'DSS' on it anymore :)

Thanks to the Internet Archive, you can see the packages again!

USSB Packages (Circa 1998)

I remember when DirecTV/USSB would send out a sticker for the back of the remote listing all the channels. I don't think there is a remote big enough to list all the channels now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts