Menu and Guide Does not fit the TV

Yankeeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Arkansas
Hello all i listed some pictures below of the problems i seen with the on Screen Guide. Just does not seem to fit right to me on left hand side were logos are at alot of them or cut off only show half and the bottom part its a little bit cut off also the far right hand side is as well. Any one else have the same problem
mms_picture (1).jpg

Also the DVR menu the edit is so far off screen hard to see.mms_picture.jpg

The whats Hot Menu same issue far left side some of its messing as the pictures below. im the only

screen menu1.jpg

This is the same way on both of my Hoppers as well. Any one else having the same problem.

Last edited:
press yellow, 7, 2 then make the necesary adjustments so the guide fits your screen.

One thing is I wish is that the increments the screen moves and increases and decreases in size would be about half of what they are now. It would allow for more precise adjustment.

Todd

Your TV should be set to Normal and the Hopper to 1080I. If it still doesn't fit, press the Format button until it says Normal...

I know that the format button doesn't affect the guide or menu screens. I just wanted to be sure that the OP had all the rest set up correctly. Obviously he did, and he's fixed his issue with the minus button as gdarwin suggested. Funny thing is, I can't find a minus button on the Dish remote! :confused: I use a Harmony so I keep my Dish remote stored away. I pulled it out and I just don't see it. I do see a minus on the volume but that just lowers the volume.

The "Screen Fit" option poster earlier really is the best fix. It seems all the HDTV's sold today are set for over-scan mode out of the box. This is NOT the best PQ your HDTV is capable of displaying and can look surprisingly inferior to how it should be set because the overscan is like a zoom effect.

Ideally, the user should set their HDTV to display FULL PIXEL. You want your display to show every pixel possible in the program content and on your screen. This can be done using the HDTV menus and while on same brands it is labeled FULL PIXEL, some have it labeled "Screen Fit" or some other similar term. The Dish guide will fit properly on this setting because the HDTV is now displaying on a pixel per pixel match, and will show the ENTIRE picture/information as inteded. This is the best PQ possible and make a fair difference the slightly zoomed over-scan mode. However, on this setting one may see the data lines at the top of the screen for some commercials in SD, but that is a good compromise as I don't watch SD commercials.

If you have a calibration disk like Spears & Munsil or Disney WOW, they can show that quite a few pixels are not being displayed on your HDTV in over-scan mode and you are NOT getting the FULL picture as intended.

I would reserve the Dish menu screen fit option for display that are not capable of pixel for pixel match and only display an over-scan image.

The Dish guide will fit properly on this setting because the HDTV is now displaying on a pixel per pixel match, and will show the ENTIRE picture/information as inteded. This is the best PQ possible and make a fair difference the slightly zoomed over-scan mode. However, on this setting one may see the data lines at the top of the screen for some commercials in SD...

I claim this is a mistake by the channel provider, and there should be no such option as "overscan" for a digital TV. They (the channel provider) are converting the entire 525 line analog presentation into 480 digital, rather than just taking the picture portion which is already 480 scan lines IIRC.

Square Trade Warranties

Echostar sues Monsoon and Belkin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)