Merge 110, 119, 61.5 using DP34 -- A question

ktalley

Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Hello,
I have TWO (2) Dish 500 dishes -- each with the DishPro Twin LNBs. I originally had only Sky Angel (61.5) with one dish, and simply connected the two cables from the dish to my two receivers. That worked fine. Then I added the basic Dish Network service (and bought another dish -- I went with another Dish 500 simply because it was the cheapest on eBay). I did a little research and came to the conclusion that I needed a switch (i.e. DP34, which is what I ended up buying on eBay) to merge all 3 birds. I've tried everything I can think of (clearing the switch matrix on the receivers, changing the order of the cables coming into DP34, etc.), but it never sees the 61.5 (only the other two). If I *ONLY* hook the 61.5 cable into the switch, I don't get anything either, so my suspicion is that the DPTwin LNB won't work in my configuration. If I bypass the DP34, then 61.5 works perfectly. Do I need to simply get a single DP LNB and put it on my Dish 500, or do I need the combo (Dish 300 with single DP LNB)? OR (another thought comes to mind), does it matter which LNB (on the Sky Angel dish) I connect the cable to (the one marked 110 or 119)?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help. I'm at the end of my rope!!!

Kevin

"Do I need to simply get a single DP LNB".

Sounds like the DP Twin is giving you problems. Get a single DP Lnb if you can find one, most likely you'll find a DP Dual. You can use it on the Dish 500 or a Dish 300. Which side (119 or 110)? Either side will work, I have my DP Dual on the 119 side but I tried it on the 110 and it works too.

Well, I thought the same thing originally. So I swapped the DP Twin on the Sky Angel Dish (61.5) with the one on the Dish Network pkg (110/119). Same issue. Dish Network pkg/dish still works just fine with other Twin.

Does it matter what order they're connected to the DP34? In other words, should 110/119 be in #1 and #2, and 61.5 be in #3 (of the 3 available dish inputs)?

Merge 110,119,61.5

Here is how I did it, and I have same set-up as you, except I have changed to 129 from 61.5. Take all input cables off from a reciever and then run "Check Switch", now by-pass DP34 and take cable from 119 side of 500 aimed at 61.5 straight to reciever and run "Point Dish", this should lock in 61.5, run Check switch again and then go back and hook up to DP34 on port#3, now a check switch should pick-up all birds. Just wondering, what reciever are you using ?

mp3audio:
Yes, I have run check switch. I've disconnected and run it (which should clear the "matrix" from what I've read) and then reconnected and run it (both with and without the 110/119 connected to switch).

dirtydan:
I have 2 DP301 receivers. I'll try your "steps" and see how it goes.

Thanks EVERYONE for your advice and suggestions. Keep 'em coming! :)

It Works!

D-Dan -- you da' man!

I followed your steps, and it now works like a charm! I think I must have tried every combination except that one.

Hope this helps someone else down the road!

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Kevin

I spent yesterday trying to figure this stuff out as well. Surprised so much as speculation. I was trying DishPro twin on a 500 for 110/119 and a DishPro dual on a 300 for 61.5. It would work and switch tests would pass. After a couple of hours i would get error message reguarding the switch. 119 and 61.5 were fine, but 110 would go from a meter reading of 110 to 50-60 then to 0. Tried changind inputs into the DP34 then changing wires from the switch to the dish. Everything would work fine for a bit then the error message would come back - exact same results. Finally switched out the twin lnb and everything seems fine now. Think I had a bad twin. Anyone want to voice their opinions on this?

Dish 411's Now Available

Saving from the 942?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts