Message - 4k Not Authorized at this location.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been trying to get a resolution for this issue for over two months! I too was sent a new mini genie, which has been stated did not fix the problem. I have spoken to numerous CSR's and had techs come out three times. Have been told from the beginning this is a software issue but come on.....two months! Does anyone know how to escalate this issue any higher?
The last tech came out, (7 days ago) checked the dish, replaced the hr54, replaced the replacement 61k. Bingo, I had 4K. He put the blame on the 61k client. Whatever. So my neighbor jumped on board and dumped Dish for "D" one week ago. Same song and dance. No 4K. The tech will be
There is a couple of hours and I will be there also. I'll be happy to walk him next door to my house and show him my set up, which is almost identical. I'll share with him my experience including being told that "D" is having 4K problems and they are working on it. Hard to swallow that bs when I'm 100 feet away with perfect 4K.

OK, Here is what the tech said as he repeated his phone conversation with his supervisor while we listened. The problem is a software issue with the C61K. The problem is expected to be fixed in 2 or 3 weeks. When the new software is implemented the non working C61K's will suddenly start working. The reason some C61K's work now is just a matter of luck. Right now when they flash the new software to the C61K's some will work for a couple of days than quit, some will not work at all and about 30% will work and continue to work. Also in 2 or 3 weeks the new DVR will be released negating the necessary inclusion of the C61K. He thinks the DVR will be called the HR17 and will incorporate between 8 and 13 tuners. It will be 4K.

I should ad. This rep has been with "D" for 7 years. He was also under the impression the you need the Ultimate package or higher to get 4K. When I told him that as of December 16 the 4K programming was included with the Select Package and above he went to his tech site and verified this to be true.

OK, Here is what the tech said as he repeated his phone conversation with his supervisor while we listened. The problem is a software issue with the C61K. The problem is expected to be fixed in 2 or 3 weeks. When the new software is implemented the non working C61K's will suddenly start working. The reason some C61K's work now is just a matter of luck. Right now when they flash the new software to the C61K's some will work for a couple of days than quit, some will not work at all and about 30% will work and continue to work. Also in 2 or 3 weeks the new DVR will be released negating the necessary inclusion of the C61K. He thinks the DVR will be called the HR17 and will incorporate between 8 and 13 tuners. It will be 4K.

I should ad. This rep has been with "D" for 7 years. He was also under the impression the you need the Ultimate package or higher to get 4K. When I told him that as of December 16 the 4K programming was included with the Select Package and above he went to his tech site and verified this to be true.
Wow ....

I think you were given a line ...
An HR17 would make NO SENSE in relationship to what we've seen over the years.

I would love to see a new HR that does 4k without a client, but we were just told from Scott at CES that nothing was coming till ... what was it, 2018 ?

I'm kind of conflicted regarding a new Flagship DVR in the pipe line. On one hand Dish now has the Hopper 3 with 16 tuners and a larger hard drive than their original Hopper. "D" and Dish have gone head to head since day one. So why hasn't "D" answered the bell? A 2 TB hard drive 10 plus tuner 4K DVR makes perfect sense. No answer to Dish's Hopper 3 until 2018 makes no competitive sense. Unless of course AT&T has different plans.

After viewing 4k programs for many months, yesterday I experienced the “4k not authorized” problem for the first time after performing an RBR when there was no image (just an interference pattern) while accessing the client. I spoke with first-line tech support who apprised me it is a known issue and had been escalated to Engineering. It is disheartening to learn this difficulty has been manifest for many weeks and, if the tech quoted in an earlier post is correct, will require several more weeks before resolution.

As a 22-year DirecTV customer (Premier, ST, CI, protection plan), I admit to growing dissatisfaction with the product. For months I have encountered periodic black screens when executing trick plays via two different clients on two Samsung TVs. Local trouble shooters have replaced the HR54 and taken other steps, all to no avail. This issue has resided with Engineering for over a month, again to no avail. So I now watch principally through an HDMI connection between the DVR and TV (no black screens appear), using another HDMI port via the client to view 4k programs. And now I can’t even enjoy 4k.

Meanwhile, I could not view my local ABC and NBC channels for a week during the Hearst negotiations and now could lose CBS as its owner’s current contract with DirecTV expires today.

Regarding impending DVRs, a tech whom I have met on a few occasions earlier apprised me a DVR capable of outputting 4k was under development (but based on the CES thread, will not appear during 2017). He also mentioned a DVR capable of supporting six or eight minis that would be deployed earlier (hope I’m not mischaracterizing his comment).

I'm kind of conflicted regarding a new Flagship DVR in the pipe line. On one hand Dish now has the Hopper 3 with 16 tuners and a larger hard drive than their original Hopper. "D" and Dish have gone head to head since day one. So why hasn't "D" answered the bell? A 2 TB hard drive 10 plus tuner 4K DVR makes perfect sense. No answer to Dish's Hopper 3 until 2018 makes no competitive sense. Unless of course AT&T has different plans.
I forgot to mention that the tech also stated that the new DVR (HR17?) Is now being beta tested in Pennsylvania and Arizona which is where I am, but it ain't me, honest.

This morning, after power cycling the client, I successfully accessed downloaded 4k shows as well as channel 104; the “not authorized” admonition obviously did not appear. Hope this is not a transitory phenomenon. I also watched the local CBS channel so the reported contract dispute either was resolved or negotiations extended.

Good news but I await resolution of my periodic “black screen during trick play” issue; it has resided at Engineering for over a month and I have no idea if the matter still is being addressed or the senior tech in question has transitioned to other concerns.

I may have been hallucinating but I could have sworn the I heard a small blurb on my local FOX news this morning that FOX will offer the Super Bowl in 4K this year. Now that would seem to be a excellent software glitch free target date.

Is anybody else still getting this or another message? I've been good for a couple of weeks now. My neighbor is still getting the message.
I haven't seen that message, but my C61K will many times have a popup message saying my TV doesn't support content protection and to switch to component, then after a couple seconds goes away and works. Don't happen with the RVU client in the TV, but that has audio dropouts, which my C61K never had. Can't win for losing.

I was at my neighbors when they had the HR54/C61K installed. The tech spent a hour or more on the phone with a supervisor trying to get 4K to work. I had the same problem and the same message. It took three tech visits and a third C61K for my 4K to kick in. The supervisor told the tech that it's a software issue with the C61k and that some work and some don't. And of course the obligatory, we're working on it statement.

I haven't seen that message, but my C61K will many times have a popup message saying my TV doesn't support content protection and to switch to component, then after a couple seconds goes away and works. Don't happen with the RVU client in the TV, but that has audio dropouts, which my C61K never had. Can't win for losing.

I also encountered audio stuttering with RVU, translating into use of a C61k. This, in turn, generated a new set of problems, instanced by downloaded programs experiencing recurrent black screens during trick plays. Therefore, I fully echo your sentiment "can't win for losing." I suspect such difficulties only will be remedied when a DVR that outputs 4k appears, evidently not until 2018 at the earliest. On a happier note, I recently furnished additional data from my HR 54 and two C61k clients to Engineering at their request, demonstrating my issues still are being addressed (although who knows to what ultimate effect).

I don't know what the status is regarding this message or any other message regarding 4K. My neighbor was told 2 weeks ago that the software issue would be fixed shortly and last week their 4K suddenly started working. Vizio M Series.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)