Message about smart card and then blank screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stacy A

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
northeast Texas
Lately my Dish 6000 (w/ 8VSB and 8PSK modules) suddenly will give me an on screen message that says something like "your smart card is no longer eligible to recieve this programming" or "please reinsert your smartcard". Then the screen goes blank. If I pull the card and reinsert it, the picture comes back. Any ideas about what's causing this? I am current in my payments to Dish so I don't think it has anything to do with non-payment.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Since my 8PSK module died on me about 4 weeks ago and I had to replace it with a spare, I wondered if that might not upset the delicate balance of my system. :)

I know that if you leave receivers with a yellow Dish500 card (or no card) disconnected from the satellite or unplugged from the wall for too long (such as a few weeks or longer) then it will lose its authorization and will require a rehit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts