Message on this month's bill

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sbsi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Did anyone also get this message on their latest bill???

Here's the DISH.....

DUE TO A BILLING ERROR, YOU HAVE BEEN UNDERCHARGED ON YOUR RECENT STATEMENTS. THE ERROR HAS BEEN CORRECTED AND THE ACCURATE AMT IS REFLECTED ON THIS MONTH'S STATEMENT. YOU WILL NOT BE BILL FOR ANY UNCOLLECTED CHARGES.

PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES.

VISIT DISHNETWORK.COM/PROGRAMMINGACCESSFEE TO LEARN ABOUT THIS FEE AND HOW YOU CAN SAVE $5 PER MONTH.

I am not sure is this an error or everyone is getting the same message, but all my receivers are hook up to a phone line and working fine all the time. And, I did not see any additional charges on my bill or make changes to programming.

I had the same message on my statement. Did not see any price difference from my previous bills.

My brother got this on his bill as well. All of his receivers are hooked up as well, so he called Dish. They verified that he was not being charged the $5 and couldn't explain why that was on his bill.

I got the same thing and I wrote to CEO@echostar.com and he said I wouldn't be charged for anything and that there were error billings sent out to a lot of customers who had there phone lines plugged in this month. THey really need to get a handle on the phone line thing and the audit team too. I am sure that these tactics are causing more churn than stopping illegal "sharing" of accounts.

THey really need to get a handle on the phone line thing and the audit team too. I am sure that these tactics are causing more churn than stopping illegal "sharing" of accounts.

...and I'll bet it gets worse when they throw the upcoming IP connections into the mix!

I got the same thing. Only I got mine in a seperate letter and not included with the bill. I verified that all my receivers were connected and had a dial tone, then called DISH and raised hell. They told me the same thing. Letter was sent in error and please disregard.

Dish Network should be getting a lot of angry customers for a dumb mistake on the bill.

I got a letter and a $10 coupon, however my receivers have a dial tone, but are not calling out. Something wrong with the modem, so they replaced the DVD. Hope they also replace the other receiver.

I got the letter as well and I called very irritated.. I seriously have no idea why they irritate their customers like this .. how many people do they catch with this crap vs. how many they piss off in the process? why don't they spend their effort shutting down the people selling illegal boxes at the flee markets rather than someone who's paying them?

I got the message in a separate letter, even though I am paperless. And rather than deal with someone on the phone I sent an email complaining all my receivers are connected and I better not be charged. The response I got back was the exact same wording as the original letter I received. Clueless!

I got a letter and a $10 coupon, however my receivers have a dial tone, but are not calling out. Something wrong with the modem, so they replaced the DVD. Hope they also replace the other receiver.

Exact same thing with me. I got the letter, and coupon. I called and we ran thru the tests, and it has a connection, but can't dial out. They said I can swap for a new one, and I asked if I could wait until I finish watching what I have recorded, and then swap, and she said that would be okay, and made notes about it on my file.

It was very good cutomer service for me - they replace a bad receiver, and I don't have to rush it, and miss my recorded programs.

Tom in TX

Same letter

I called and was told all okay - no charge. I sent in the $10 coupon for my troubles.

Did the programming price increase or why is my bill seem to be about $10 higher than usual the past few months? Top 200 is 42.99 and DishHD is $20, but I don't recall what they used to be.

I didn't get any message about the error on this latest bill though.

I also got that letter even though I keep both 322 dual tuner receivers plugged into the phone line. Will the receivers give you a message telling you if they're unable to dial Dish Network?

This must be an annual event, it is now 2008 and I just got a letter stating the same as all the previous posters, something about the phone line. When I called I was told, "Oopps that was an accidental mass mailing,nothin wrong with your account mam". Wonder how many people get charged the extra $$ and don't even notice?

I got the same letter yesterday as well. I have had my 622 plugged into my LAN since it was first enabled. Will be watching my next statement for any shennanigans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)