Metallica presents Big 4 Radio on Sirius 27 & XM 42

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i wish this was a fulltime channel for metallica, like the pearl jam channel. it has been great the last couple days listening to this channel since stern is on vacation this week.

I really wish they'd stop with these type of channels. Can't they find any better use of their limited bandwidth then these stupid one artist and payola channels

Steve Mehs said:
I really wish they'd stop with these type of channels. Can't they find any better use of their limited bandwidth then these stupid one artist and payola channels

Its more than Metallica. They however do have a large catalog and roll in a lot of live performance.

Thanks for the heads up info, yes Metallica does have a large catalog, many probably have not heard music from before the "black" album

Its more than Metallica. They however do have a large catalog and roll in a lot of live performance.

Why can't they integrate this stuff with the current offerings of Octane or Bone Yard instead? I'm a huge Metallica fan, but I cannot comprehend these channels. Isn't satellite radio supposed to be about variety? Many niche formats have been dropped over the years but yet we can have the 24/7 Bruce Springsteen channel, the 24/7 Pearl Jam channel, and whatever else is out there, but heaven forbid if there’s a nu jazz channel. If you want the ultimate Metallica collection buy all their albums and Live sh*t: Binge and Purge.

I don't understand why people are so against these channels that are limited timeframes. I agree that it is kinda silly to have full time channels, but having a channel like this for a few days or even a few weeks is great.

Have I heard every Metallica song - yes.
Have I seen Metallica live - yes about a dozen times
Did I hear some things that I hadn't heard in a long time during this event- yes and I loved it!

I don't understand why people are so against these channels that are limited timeframes. I agree that it is kinda silly to have full time channels, but having a channel like this for a few days or even a few weeks is great.

Have I heard every Metallica song - yes.
Have I seen Metallica live - yes about a dozen times
Did I hear some things that I hadn't heard in a long time during this event- yes and I loved it!

Because they're retarded! Satellite radio is so strapped for bandwidth it makes no sense to me why have one artist channels that just eat up bandwidth when that could be used to either improve audio quality or be used for unique content. Enlighten will be removed from the satellites. Tell me on what other channels can I hear Southern Gospel? None. What other channels can I hear The Grateful Dead, Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam and Metallica? Each one could be heard on 5 or 6 different channels. If there was unlimited bandwidth I’d say yeah, go ahead, make a dedicated Bobby Fuller Four channel, but bandwidth is so tight, there is no reason at all why a Metallica live performance or bootleg can’t be thrown in here or there on Octane or another channel.

dfergie said:
Same here... most live performances suck, but these sound pretty good!

I've seen them live close to a dozen times and they sound great every time. Amazing live band. Other bands sound horrible live but not them.

I agree with you these one artist channels are a waste. I gave my radio to my uncle last year so he can listen to Southern Gospel but no they are dumping that but leaving all of these one artist channels. Since they are dumping the only channel he listens to he said it was okay for me to cancel my only radio left May 5th. Sirius really ruined the service anyway. The 80's channel use to be my favorite but now I can't even listen to it for 10 minutes without hearing the same old overplayed MTV VJ's top 20 songs over and over again. Gosh I really wish the FCC would have not allowed the merger. The PD of Sirius is a reject that needs to be fired.

I tried listening to this station but they play a lot of music from the commercial albums (any album after the black album), I really don't like any of the songs off those albums.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)