MeTV adding "H R Pufnstuf" and "Land of the Lost" to schedule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Saw this on the Tivo and confirmed it on the MeTV site

11/29 (Day after Turkey Day....or as I call it Idiot Friday") from 8-10 Eastern

http://www.metvnetwork.com/krofft.php
Me-TV is thrilled to present a post-Thanksgiving treat: a pair of kids' television classics from the vivid world of Sid and Marty Krofft. Join us for a trip back in time and experience Saturday Morning TV at its most wildly imaginative.

Tune in at 8PM/7C on Friday, November 29th when we'll be showing episodes 1 and 2 of H.R. Pufnstuf, the story of a boy and his talking flute, who board an abandoned boat and wind up on a far out island of brightly colored puppets and the vengeful Witchiepoo.

At 9PM/8C, we’ll bring you episodes 1 and 2 of Land of the Lost, the action-packed adventures of a forest ranger and his two teenagers who fall through time and end up in another universe that's populated with dinosaurs, Sleestacks and the friendly Pakuni tribe.

More Good News!
We'll be airing another block of episodes on Wednesday, December 25th, at 5AM/4C, as the perfect addition to your morning fun and festivities.

But there's even more good news – these two Krofft classics will be joining our Saturday Morning lineup beginning Saturday, December 28th. Tune in at 7AM/6C for H.R. Pufnstuf, followed by Land of the Lost at 7:30AM/6:30C, and relive the magical mornings of the late '60s and early '70s - or enjoy them yourself for the first time!

Land of the Lost was one of my favorites.I'm trying to jog my memory without the help pf google here.There was another live action puppet show on Saturday's with a curly red headed boy and a sea monster.For the life of me I can't recall the title.

Land of the Lost was one of my favorites.I'm trying to jog my memory without the help pf google here.There was another live action puppet show on Saturday's with a curly red headed boy and a sea monster.For the life of me I can't recall the title.

Beanie and Cecil! LOL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5f2HSeFCc

I had Beanie and Cecil dolls as a little kid in the early '60's. They had a pull string and made noises when pulled.

I think that was Sigmund and the Sea Monster. I can kind of remember it. I didn't Google it either so if I'm wrong , I apologize, for some reason that show left a lasting impression on me.

Last edited:
Annie is correct!Sigmund and the Sea Monster.Rip Taylor was on a few episodes.I had to google that lol,I could remember his face and even his first name,but kept thinking it was Rip Torn.Saturday mornings were great,growing up we didn't have the luxury of a 24-7 cartoon or kids network.

Man,strolling down memory lane now,Sid and Marty Kroft had many shows I watched as a kid.Anyone remember Far out Space Nuts,The Bugaloos,Bigfoot and Wildboy?

Reading this thread has brought me childhood memories, I watched Pufnstuf, and Land of the Lost was one of my favorite shows.
I also remember watching a show The Banana Splits LOL, with Pufnstuf kinda costumes.

Reading this thread has brought me childhood memories, I watched Pufnstuf, and Land of the Lost was one of my favorite shows.
I also remember watching a show The Banana Splits LOL, with Pufnstuf kinda costumes.

Me too. I can remember getting up Saturday mornings at 6:00am to start watching all the cartoon shows. They used to even do a night time preview of the new shows coming Saturday morning each Fall . I also remember a show with Ruth Buzie and Jim Nabors playing aliens ,but I can't remember the title .

Me too. I can remember getting up Saturday mornings at 6:00am to start watching all the cartoon shows. They used to even do a night time preview of the new shows coming Saturday morning each Fall . I also remember a show with Ruth Buzie and Jim Nabors playing aliens ,but I can't remember the title .

I'm not going to google it,I know the show but don't recall the name.It was similar to far out space nuts.

definitely stirring up some old memories! Like Teehar mentioned, no 24/7 cartoon channels, Saturday mornings were great! I remember watching loony Tunes a lot on Saturday.

I’ll be watching these classics. I remember them, haven’t seen them in a very, very long time..

Christmas Morning there is a FOUR hour block of the shows starting at 4AM Central

4-5 HR Pufnstuff
5-6 land of the lost
6-7 HR Pufnstuff
7-8 land of the lost

so set your DVR's, VCR's, DVD recorders or just get up early (or stay up late) and watch it :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts