MeTV coming to Watertown NY

very cool!

I wonder if KEYC in Mankato, MN (which is the only other station owned by United) will add it too. The only difference is I know there you have 2 stations and they are putting it on the low powered Fox affiliate. In Mankato they also have CBS & FOX but they only have one station (KEYC)

very cool!

I wonder if KEYC in Mankato, MN (which is the only other station owned by United) will add it too. The only difference is I know there you have 2 stations and they are putting it on the low powered Fox affiliate. In Mankato they also have CBS & FOX but they only have one station (KEYC)
Yeah the FOX HD 28.1 (actual 35) is on the transmitter 7 was using for testing before the digital transition.Then 7 got to keep the vhf 7 so they decided to use the 35 xmitter for FOX HD,with FOX SD on 7.2 just because it reaches out further.FOX was originally 28 analog,really low power.For awhile we had Fox digital on 7.2,Fox analog on 28 and Fox HD on 28.1(35),they finally turned the analog 28 off.

Reactions: Mr Tony
And still no NBC. :(
Depending on the weather we can get NBC from Utica,Syracuse or Rochester,not often or reliably of course.Back in the day when we had a grand total of 2 stations,7 CBS,16 PBS,7 was able to pick and choose shows from both ABC and NBC and run them.I get NBC off the big dish but except for NASCAR they don't have anything I want to watch anyway.

To continue on the previous post about no NBC if I was a "family run business" like United is...lets look at the options
NBC...
they'll want money $$$ to broadcast it
You have to come up with most of the commercials
You have to come up with programming outside of network programming.
They'll probably have some requests as to bandwidth
They'll probably want it on 7 so it has a larger coverage area
They'll want cable coverage immediately which will throw off any out of market NBC on cable

MeTV
They do pay to play but not like NBC would
They have the commercials already. All WWNY has to do is insert some local ones
Its programmed 24/7
Doesnt need much bandwidth
The low powered station is fine
They'll get cable coverage but it doesnt have to be immediate.
Folks love older shows

No brainer there.......

what about CKWS CBC 11 from Kingston?
(I know its no longer CBC which sucks for you guys.)
Was only counting the Amurican stations :biggrin.With CKWS we got 3 stations you could get with just bunny ears.With a decent antenna could get Syracuse fairly decent,Ottawa,ch6 CTV from Deseronto(still there in glorious analog).Depending on the weather could also get Rochester,Buffalo,Utica and Binghamton tho rarely.For awhile there were a bunch of low powers just across the the border with TV Ontario and Radio Canada(French CBC),but those are gone now.

Reactions: Mr Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts