MeTV

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
My market is one of the few markets that carries the MeTV subchannel as a satellite provided local. A couple of weeks ago, the satellite version started showing the 4x3 content in a postage stamp window. The OTA did not change (still get a full 4x3 screen with black bars on the side). So I'm thinking that this change was all on Dish. Anyone else with a MeTV satellite transmission see this change in other markets?

My market is one of the few markets that carries the MeTV subchannel as a satellite provided local. A couple of weeks ago, the satellite version started showing the 4x3 content in a postage stamp window. The OTA did not change (still get a full 4x3 screen with black bars on the side). So I'm thinking that this change was all on Dish. Anyone else with a MeTV satellite transmission see this change in other markets?
I have the HD version. And it's fine...yes I know METV is SD only but local channel is considered hd by dish

When we had Little Rock, Arkansas locals on 77 sat a few years back, they had Metv on the satellite is SD, but no postage stamp. Full screen as long as you hit partial zoom. Other wise it was black bars on sides.

No changes in the Philadelphia, PA area. I record a show every weekday. BTW METV has a regular channel assignment in my area.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

METV in my area is on an OTA sub-channel. I tested it today and I am seeing a normal 4:3 screen. So, the channel, in my area is sending out a proper signal.

Our METV (KSTC-DT3) is 16:9 (4x3 with black bars on it). They do that so commercials they input are in widescreen
That's the way mine is too. But the satellite version is scrunched on all 4 sides now. It's like they have a 4x3 picture in a 16x9 window inside a 4x3 transmission. I can do a full zoom on it but the resolution suffers.

Reactions: DJ Lon
If its the station I think it is (I remember you mentioning this a while back) Isnt it a Me/My hybrid station where its MeTV sometimes and My the rest of the time?
does Dish carry the station in HD?
If not sadly you will see things like that.

It sounds weird that Dish is screwing with the format of the signal

Weird that it never was in HD, and the OTA version never changed, but the satellite version has changed a couple weeks ago. In case something can (will) be done about it, I'll message DIRT.

Does the My Network programming have the black bars on the top and bottom on the Dish version (since they only carry it in SD)

My theory now is that our Me/MyTV affiliate just recently switched over to HD but the channel on the satellite is still in SD. It's the only logical explanation.

My theory now is that our Me/MyTV affiliate just recently switched over to HD but the channel on the satellite is still in SD. It's the only logical explanation.
could be. And since the OTA signal for MeTV is black barred when Dish gets the signal and makes it widescreen (with black bars on top and bottom) My Network (or anything in widescreen to begin with) will be "fine" but MeTV will have the postage stamp effect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts