MGM audio sync

Sammy033

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Did a search here and didnt find any topic matches based on sync and channel keywords so,

We were watching an old Clark Gable movie last night (DVR from a week before) and the audio sync was pretty bad. I have certainly seen worse on a few other channels but does anyone else who watches MGM-HD have the same problem? It was the same for both digital and analog so I suppose it is probably their problem. I dont record much on the channel so I have no long term comparison to other things on it

Oh, and from time to time I also seem to be getting 1 second long audio dropouts on various HD recordings within the first 5 minutes. Quite a few of the James Bond movies had them. Sometimes (like last night) it is only 1 but on others its 3-4.

I agree that MGM has displayed sync issues, especially when audio is supplied to receiver/amp. This was a big issue back in the fall, but the software changes helped minimize this in a lot of services. Disney was especially bad. Audio sync using HDMI connections seems to improve MGM. Noticed some issues with a DVR of TOP GUN. Compared with last fall, big improvements, now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)