Status
Not open for further replies.
James Bond Movies in Danger | Movies | EW.com

Spyglass Entertainment reportedly nearing deal to run MGM | EW.com

Spyglass Entertainment reportedly nearing deal to run MGM
08/06/10
by John Young
Categories: Movie Biz, Movies, News
Spyglass Entertainment is nearing a deal to run debt-ridden movie studio MGM, according to The Wall Street Journal. Spyglass, which has co-financed such movies as Dinner for Schmucks, Star Trek, and The Sixth Sense, would receive a 4 percent ownership stake in the restructured studio, and creditors would forgive MGM’s $4 billion debt in exchange for the bulk of the studio’s new equity. A deal could reportedly be finished as soon as this week, ultimately paving the way for MGM to return to making movies, including the James Bond franchise and Peter Jackson’s two Hobbit films.

Last edited:
I like the new bond and the restructured stories so far because they're considerably darker and more realistic. I watched one of Roger Moores bond films the other day and it was like watching a badly acted grade school rendition of Buckaroo Bonzai.

Roger Moore was a OK Bond by Sean Connery was much better. I grew up watching them both. I remember going to see Moonraker and watching the opening with Bond being pushed out of the airplane without a parachute. The movies had become more about gadgets about that time. But , I remember the audience reaction to that opening. What made Moonraker so interesting was that you saw a Space Shuttle launch before the real ones did. For you who have the Blu ray version look at the part when he's trying to take the parachute away from the bad guy and you see the stuntman wearing clear eye protection goggles. You never noticed it in the DVD version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts