MGM+ showing commercials?

worstman1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2010
SW Michigan, USA
I was watching Terminator Genisys on CH 380 this morning. All of a sudden it just ran 2 commercials about 2hrs in. Couldn't tell if they were thrown in by Dish or the channel.

I rewound back before where they showed and it played again. Looks like the movie kept playing. Ads: 1. Paramount+ Mean Girls 2. Samsung Galaxy phone.

I have seen this a couple times before on the MGM channels.

Dish's website says MGM channels are uncut and commercial free.

Has anybody else seen these?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Bobby and TheKrell
I was watching Terminator Genisys on CH 380 this morning. All of a sudden it just ran 2 commercials about 2hrs in. Couldn't tell if they were thrown in by Dish or the channel.

I rewound back before where they showed and it played again. Looks like the movie kept playing. Ads: 1. Paramount+ Mean Girls 2. Samsung Galaxy phone.

I have seen this a couple times before on the MGM channels.

Dish's website says MGM channels are uncut and commercial free.

Has anybody else seen these?

From what you described, It looks like the Dish spot insertion system placed those ads on the wrong channel, especially since they replaced 60 seconds of the movie you were watching. Both of those look like national spots, so perhaps they didn't need to be downloaded to Hoppers and the other STB's like regional or local ads would. That would account for you being able to repeat the "error". My best guess.