MGM No Longer Available

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
According to Dish:
MGM is no longer available. MGM will be stopping operations across all satellite and cable TV providers. As a result of MGM's decision, this channel has been removed from DISH.

I watched a few movies on MGM. I just cancelled my Amazon Prime last month. Oh well, I find some good old movies for free on Cinelife which is available on various streaming services, such as Plex App and XUMO.

Does anyone know if it will show up as a “channel” on Prime or will the content just be featured in with the other Prime movies?

Reactions: navychop
Does anyone know if it will show up as a “channel” on Prime or will the content just be featured in with the other Prime movies?
I have subscribed to Amazon Prime for years and have never been aware of "Channels" before you asked this question. All I ever saw were the movies. But wow, there is a ton of stuff I have missed out on with the channels! Thank you for making me aware of the channels on Prime, especially since I cancelled Dish Network service yesterday.

... My best guess on the answer to your question: I looked at all the added cost Prime subscription channels (like ShowTime, Starz, etc) and MGM is not listed. So I'm guessing that Amazon is simply adding the MGM movies to the collection of available movies. Maybe someone can verify that?

Last edited:
DirecTV still has MGM HD if this is the same network. either DirecTV is getting a different feed or Dish shut it down on their end early before the others can remove it from their lineups.

Reactions: tornado
DirecTV still has MGM HD if this is the same network. either DirecTV is getting a different feed or Dish shut it down on their end early before the others can remove it from their lineups.
MGM's website still shows a full schedule of movies for September. And no mention of ceasing of operations.

On the other site, someone pointed out that Outside TV (Dish channel 390) was also supposed to completely shut down yesterday:
Could Dish have gotten mixed up, and pulled the wrong channel by mistake?

I will note that the message in the link is vague enough that it might not apply to Dish carriage. It says "discontinuing the delivery ... to all cable operators" without mentioning satellite at all.

In the case of Outside TV, we know that at least some of their programming will remain on Dish for the remainder of this month, since there is a free preview of their On Demand subscription service, Outside TV Features, scheduled for 9/15 through 9/21. This should appear on collapsible channel 296 on any Hopper-interface receiver connected to the internet.

Reactions: charlesrshell
this bummer, i watch MGM for old movies much like tcm. is MGM really being pulled from all providers? or dish give half truths?

It seems the MGM channel is still fully operational with a schedule listed well into October and giving no indication of shutting down. It look's like the Dish message that MGM was shutting down all operations really meant, for some reason it was being removed from Dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell