Miami Locals in Orlando

carb9001

Original poster
Mar 11, 2019
Orlando
Need Help Please.
I live in Orlando and recently moved 1 mile away. (same zip code)
My previous address had miami, locals tv stations and now I do not.
I am aiming at the same satellites 119,129, 110.
I have the Miami local TV download but they do not show up.
Question. How do I correct it. Doe it have to do with the transponder number and if so how do you set it manually.

Need Help Please.
I live in Orlando and recently moved 1 mile away. (same zip code)
My previous address had miami, locals tv stations and now I do not.
I am aiming at the same satellites 119,129, 110.
I have the Miami local TV download but they do not show up.
Question. How do I correct it. Doe it have to do with the transponder number and if so how do you set it manually.

So many questions so little time...... :)
1. What does having a "Miami local TV download" mean? Are you trying to say the Miami local stations you always had are still in the guide but you get no signal?

2. How did you have Miami Locals living in an Orlando zip code to begin with? (Yes I am very aware how it can be done but how did you do it) That might give a clue at what you are trying to convey

3. Just making sure, do you subscribe to DISH and pay for the locals? When you say move do you mean physically moved. And when you moved did you call DISH to give them the new location or just set everything up.

4. Are you getting a signal from all the satellites, getting all the channels you are supposed to get other than the locals?

The Miami HD locals are on 119 and 129. The Orlando HD locals are on 61.5. When you moved did you go from western arc to eastern arc?

The Miami HD locals are on 119 and 129. The Orlando HD locals are on 61.5. When you moved did you go from western arc to eastern arc?

He claims he is still on the same satellites, perhaps he isn't.

So many questions so little time...... :)
1. What does having a "Miami local TV download" mean? Prior to moving I had dish tech set up for me to have (in Orlando) the Miami tv stations. I had all of them with no issues. Then I moved and they refuse to honor that and saying it was not possible to get Miami locals. Are you trying to say the Miami local stations you always had are still in the guide but you get no signal? I know longer have them in my guide but I did previously to them installing in the new home.

2. How did you have Miami Locals living in an Orlando zip code to begin with? (Yes I am very aware how it can be done but how did you do it) That might give a clue at what you are trying to convey. I travel to my home in Miami 33156 and take my hooper 3 with me. I then let dish know and they send a signal to provide the Miami locals. At the previous orlando address it was done prior to my leaving for Miami. When I returned to Orlando I could call them and they would install local Orlando stations. Since I sometimes would not call immediately when I got back to Orlando the locals would stay on the Miami channels until I called.

3. Just making sure, do you subscribe to DISH and pay for the locals? Yes. When you say move do you mean physically moved. I just take my hopper 3 down to my house in Miami. And when you moved did you call DISH to give them the new location or just set everything up. No. I did that before I left for Miami.

4. Are you getting a signal from all the satellites, getting all the channels you are supposed to get other than the locals?
. Yes. All my sats and signals are fine.
Thanks for your help.

He claims he is still on the same satellites, perhaps he isn't.
Funny you mention that. On my previous home (where I got the Miami channels) Prior to getting them the dish tech came out. He changed the dish (and LNB's) from east 61.5 to west 119 and mentioned that you need to be west for the miami stations. Fast forward to today. Once I moved (1 mile away) I was installed with a dish again 61.5 east. I knew I needed to go west so I purchased a complete dish for the western arc 119.110,129. I had dish come out and set up the western arc dish antenna which is working fine.
Thanks

Funny you mention that. On my previous home (where I got the Miami channels) Prior to getting them the dish tech came out. He changed the dish (and LNB's) from east 61.5 to west 119 and mentioned that you need to be west for the miami stations. Fast forward to today. Once I moved (1 mile away) I was installed with a dish again 61.5 east. I knew I needed to go west so I purchased a complete dish for the western arc 119.110,129. I had dish come out and set up the western arc dish antenna which is working fine.
Thanks
Sounds like you might be aimed at western arc but Dish isn't authorizing you for Miami.

Thanks

The local package you get is determined by the service address on your account. Some people like RVer's change the service address to get the locals they want. You can leave your billing address alone and change your service address to something in the Miami DMA like you're there camping. :biggrin

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thank you all for replying. However, if someone can provide a possible solution.
Yes. I changed the service address to my MIAMI home. When that happened I lost ORLANDO locals but did not get miami locals.
Yes. I am using the western arc 110-129-119
Could it have anything to do with the hopper 3 and the spotbeam option in sat diagnostics mode or is that automatic?
Thanks

Have you tried tuning directly to a Miami channel without using the guide? If that works, call CS and have them update your EPG. It may be that the last CSR failed to set the correct flag for the change.

Thank you all for replying. However, if someone can provide a possible solution.
Yes. I changed the service address to my MIAMI home. When that happened I lost ORLANDO locals but did not get miami locals.
Yes. I am using the western arc 110-129-119
Could it have anything to do with the hopper 3 and the spotbeam option in sat diagnostics mode or is that automatic?
Thanks

That's the first time you have said how you came to have Miami locals in Orlando, and it's what I asked earlier. So you changed your service address to your Miami home. Then ask Dish to refresh your account and make sure they have the correct service address you want them to have.

In addition to making sure they have the correct service address, ask them to close out of the account on their screen, and reopen it. Ask them, on the right side, what their locals says. They may need to delete and re-add in some cases.

I changed my service address from Lithia, FL (Tampa locals) to St Marys, GA (Jacksonville, FL locals) last night using the chat system. Out of curiosity, I timed the whole transaction from opening the chat window until I exited. Using a pre-written script, it took 2 minutes and 17 seconds to make the change, and my Hopper updated about 4 minutes later. That's almost as fast as I can make the change with the Dish app on my phone... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)