GEOSATpro Micro not talking DiSEqC to V-Box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There is no "enable" for DiSEqC 1.2, enable isn't an option for any of those fields. You need to select something, not just "enable"

Just to be very clear here, on the motor setup screen there is DiSEqC 1.0 and DiSEqC 1.1 that can be selected and ports specified, and there is another field for "motor type" of which you can select none, DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS.
Those first two fields are only if you are using a DiSEqC switch (which I am not, so I would leave these at disable"
Is is the "motor type" field that applies to me, and selecting DiSEqC 1.2 was the very first thing I did.

There is no uncertainty on my part here of these fields and what I needed to select.

My Vbox II works correctly about 90% of the time. There's another 5% where it takes up to 15 seconds to move after the channel has been selected. The last 5% it moves after selecting a second channel on the same satellite. I'm also seeing some issues with port switching. Calls to switch to port 1 always work. Calls for port 2 only work if port 1 is currently selected, calls for port 3 only work if port 2 is currently selected, etc. All works fine with my Coolsat 6100.

Also .... While using the remote to manually move the vbox in the antenna setup screen. It is impossible to move just one tick,which can be an issue if the dish position needs to be tweaked. The Coolsat has a slow and a fast move. The slow move allows one pulse increments. It seems that the micro can detect that the dish has been bumped manually from the Vbox remote since it will move it back to the setpoint when I try to tweek the position with the remote.

Still like the Micro very much even with these minor nuisances.

Last edited:
I as well had some issues with the MicroHD handshaking with my V box X when I fired it up for the first time using the factory shipped f/w. The setup was just as it was when I disconnected the Solomend PVR800 which died a month before the Micro's arrival here I believe it was a power supply issue...just stopped booting one day,anyway, I just installed the Micro in the other receiver's place and adjusted the settings...should have worked, but...? The settings were working fine for over a year so I feel it was not a setup issue. The f/w version was 2012-5-25. I updated to the most current f/w using USB support, still no good.

I changed out all of my connecting cables and 4:1 DISEqC switch and somehow that seemed to work. It functions well now using USAL on KU and DISEqC commands on C band. I still cannot pinpoint just where the problem was, just that it still will not work using the supplied 22khz or any other 22khz switch I have tried, 3 in all and I did toggle the 22khz settings...I tried the switches thinking it may be a DISEqC switch issue. So I still don't get it...it will not communicate with the 22khz...period...I dunno?

I have noticed that there is a 2-3 second delay with the V box X responding to commands but it positions the dish accurately every time. Please note I did a reset on the V box X several times during the install...

Wish I could be more descriptive to how I solved the problem but after updating f/w, changing switches and hook up cables, resetting the KU motor's settings, and the V box X itself many times... confusion began to set in.

Good to know...although commands to save positions aren't even getting to the Vbox from the Micro...let alone move the motor. So its definitely a more localized issue rather than cabling to any switches/LNB's

One thing to remember about 22khz switches, very few ( only the Ecoda brand , that I know of ) pass Diseqc commands downstream. The Ecoda is the exception to that rule. The old rule of thumb was to have the 22khz switch closer to the lnbf's than any Diseqc switches in the path. Whenever possible, BUY Ecoda 22khz switchs. :)

The intermittent/delay dish movement is the same issue I reported a while back in the bugs thread and still have with my new GBox. I thought initially it was because the dish mover was in another room.
I noticed when viewing the 22khz on a scope the square wave had quite a bit of distortion perhaps due to the loading of the LNB. I have the DMX741. Not sure if that is a common similarity with those experiencing problems. I also noticed that the DiSEqC pulse seems to repeat every 8 sec when the dish does not move but not for each sat position. This could be why there is a delay. I have had the dish move up to 30 sec after I change positions.

Well I'll be an uncles monkey, I come home from work today, power up the Micro and suddenly it takes off sending the motor somewhere. I could also now motor it east and west a bit (albeit somewhat imprecise) and then it all stopped. Nothing again...weird.

Tried a little experiment. Replaced the DMX741 LNB with a 100 ohm resistor to approximate its current draw. The microHD through the GBox had no trouble moving to different combinations of dish positions for the Ku or C band, responding within 2 seconds each time.
Replaced the LNB and again have intermittent response to different dish positions. Not sure why or how to resolve the issue but it appears unique to my set up for some reason. If anyone has a probable remedy I will try it. Thanks

Weird, because the receiver shouldn't care or even know about what's at the end of the wire in terms of the dish moving. It only tells the Vbox or Gbox what to do, and assumes it does. Any feedback it gets about the dish moving would be directly from the mover.
If fact, I would think the receiver should behave correctly when told to move the dish even if there is nothing connected to the coax outside. Receiver tells mover to move x amount of counts...mover tells motor, counts movement and reports back to receive that it did that. Why should the receiver care about what's at the end of the wire? Other than actually having signal to display but that's not our trouble here really.

Brain should receive my VBOX today, and then hopefully he finds some time to jump in.

If need be I will go up on the dish and send him the LNB. :)

I have both a G-box and a V-box in my system. The MHD controls the G-box no problem. The V-box occasionally misses a move command, mostly when I am coming from a fixed dish back to a motorized position. The setup has a DiseqC 1.0 switch out of the receiver to select which box is called upon, then from each box out to the respective dishes. This same setup worked without incident using the Openbox and a Gekko receivers. The V-box is the previous model about two years old, not the newer one with the wrap around window.

Brain should receive my VBOX today, and then hopefully he finds some time to jump in.

If need be I will go up on the dish and send him the LNB. :)

Thank you for the Freudian slip.... :D

Scott,

Your Vbox-X arrived in great condition at my desk about an hour ago. Couldn't wait to test, so here we go.... Unfortunately, the Vbox-X units do not have serial numbers, so we cannot determine the dates of manufacturer.

• With the microHD and the Vbox-X powered OFF, I connected the actuator wires and coax cables.
  • On the Vbox-X held the power switch while plugging in the AC. Waited for the 10 countdown then released to perform a Master Reset.
  • Power cycled the Vbox-X.
  • Powered on the microHD and entered the Motor Switch Setting Menu.
  • Drove the actuator to the Eastern limit with the microHD commanding the Vbox-X.
  • Performed a Master Reset on the Vbox-X to reset counter to 000 on the Eastern Limit.
  • Drove the actuator to 105W position with the microHD commanding the Vbox-X and tuned the NBC Olympic feeds.
  • Saved the Motor setting with the microHD. The Vbox-X display showed the saving and position number.
  • Repeated the drive and save for satellites 139W, 97W and 72W.

Exited the microHD menus and are driving and watching channels on all 4 satellites only using the microHD and never using the Vbox-X remote or top panel controls.

Here is the wiring connection:
microHD>>> Vbox-X>>> Ecoda 22KHz>>>Port #1 KU-band (SL1PLL)>>> Port #2 C-band (C2)

The microHD and your Vbox-X are working together without issue.

Well now...

There is only one more piece of the puzzle that hasn't been checked yet and that would be the LNB. Which would be a WSI 741 with built in 22k switching. I guess I will go out with the ladder tonight and swap out the LNB with a C Band only LNB. And see what happens there.

I don't get why the VBOX and GBOX work fine with other receivers but not the microHD in this configuration. So when I swap out the LNB if it is the LNB (and its the only piece of my setup that hasn't been replaced to work with the microHD) if the GBOX starts working flawlessly I will send Brian the LNB to do what he needs to find the issue, even if he needs to take the LNB apart to figure out what is wrong. If there is anyone who can figure this out it is Brian. :)

I will be sad to lose C/KU on one dish, but I have a seperate KU dish so not really a big loss would just need another slingbox to tune into the other microHD on that dish. :D

Scott,

Experiment by not using the built-in 22khz switch. Use an external 22khz switch with jumpers and see if your Gbox responds properly.

I have tested using a CK1 and Ecoda 22khz with no issues. Just wondering if there is something unique about the WSI 741? Is anyone else using a combo of the microHD and a WSI 741 LNBF with a Vbox or Gbox?

One other person who is having motor control issues is using the same LNB.

I will try tonight to hook the cable going to the LNB directly to the c band feed and see if that helps. Only question is how to you get the KU out of the LNB without using the built in switch?

Scott, Agreed, initially connect directly to the C-band output to verify proper controller operation.

Then try connecting the C-band output to port 1 of an external 22khz switch and the KU-band output to Port 2 of the switch. The switch must be capable of passing 22khz signals (Ecoda, Chieta, etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts