Microbud and G10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

newguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Anybody have any luck getting G10 on your 40" c-band microbud? I've been trying all weekend with no luck. My dish is a 40" round P*, set up on G10 Ku with good quality. I removed the Ku lnbf and replaced it(as well as I could) with a new ASC-421 c-band lnbf, but I get no quality. I've tried moving the lnb in and out, up and down, left and right, but nothing. I figured that since the dish was already lined up, I could just swap out lnb's and maybe get lucky. The new lnb doesn't fit right in the holder so I had to rig it on, trying to keep it in the same place as the Ku lnb. Also, the lnb support arms are in the way so I have to use it without the scaler ring. Could that be the problem? I was just wondering if anybody else was getting G10. I will try to find Anik F1 next chance I get.

Try to get AnikF1 first. It is one of the easier ones to tune and should give you an idea of how good of a signal you will be able to get.

Read the "Microbud" posts to see some of the results from earlier projects.

questic said:
Try to get AnikF1 first. It is one of the easier ones to tune and should give you an idea of how good of a signal you will be able to get.

Read the "Microbud" posts to see some of the results from earlier projects.

AnikF1 is my next project. I will try to find it first with Ku then swap out the lnb's.
I've read the microbud posts. Thats whats got me started on this micro stuff :)

Good luck!

I wasn't too succesful :mad: , but dont let that discourage you. Some people had interesting results.:yes

I have a 48" dish. I get a very good signal on The Outdoor Channel. It is usually 60%+ quality.

I too would also start with AnikF1. It will insure you setup is working right.

Good luck :)

newguy said:
AnikF1 is my next project. I will try to find it first with Ku then swap out the lnb's.
I've read the microbud posts. Thats whats got me started on this micro stuff :)

What is RFDtv? I seem to get taht one on KU, but it is blank?

24 hour TV devoted to rural life! :eek: Why watch what you live everyday?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

120cm dish owners...

Thumbs up to psbsatellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)