GEOSATpro microHD Firmware Suggestions

Arion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
I got mine the other day and it's a great little box. Two little bugs that are a bit irritating however. The first one I've read about it before but can't find the thread where it was referenced. That 'moving dish' box stays on way too long. Quite often if the new satellite is nearby the video comes up almost right away but you have to sit and wait until that box disappears. It would be nice if something could be done about it.

The other thing that I haven't seen mentioned is I'm wondering if there is a way to normalize the audio between the different channels? Some uplinkers run low audio and you have to jack the volume and others drive the audio so much you have to back way off. Is there a way to implement audio leveling between channels?

Great little box and I was able to update the firmware quickly off the satellite and especially like how sensitive it is in capturing the low bitrate channels. It's locking in the sub 2000 channels that my other boxes wouldn't even detect.

Thanks for your suggestions and kind words!

'moving dish' box stays on way too long.
To start a scan after the motor has reached the correct position we had to keep this routine. You may immediately press the Exit key to remove the moving prompt or allow other selections during the motor movement.

if there is a way to normalize the audio between the different channels?
That user setting would require an intensive rewrite, so we opted not to add this feature. I did like that feature on the Fortec Star Mercury II. BTW... Many TVs have this feature in the audio set-up.

The 'moving dish' box isn't much of a bother as long as it can easily be cancelled.

Most of the other bugs the microHD had have been squashed, and it's good to see new firmware being rolled out frequently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)