Microsoft confirms Dual-Core and LTE Windows Phones coming in the future

Yeap this fall next year going to be a big for Windows Phone I can see Microsoft taking over the top spot or at least move into second behind Android.

Microsoft confirms Dual-Core and LTE Windows Phones coming in the future | MobileTechWorld

I'll believe it when I see it. Phone7 was supposed to be the big coming out party. Before that it was 6.5 and 6.0.

You think that windows can go from single digit market share to 35+? That's what it will take to pass apples market share ... and frankly, right now they can't market anything.

Until there's a change at the top, MS will continue to flounder.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I have HTC arrive and frankly I don't care for dual core. it is fast and smooth and works as expected.

My last go-around was with Windows Mobile 6.5 and I only had that phone for a few weeks before I returned it. This was back in 2009. Microsoft does need to make a drastic change I think to turn things around.

I have HTC arrive and frankly I don't care for dual core. it is fast and smooth and works as expected.

Agreed, much like iOS, it frankly does not need the dual core processor to run smoothly at this point in its life cycle. (stating this does not mean I am against them coming)

As to the comparisons to previous windows OS, they are apples and oranges (or mangos ;) ). Its is comparing two totally different products.

msmith:

They have a lot of bad experiences to overcome and I don't think Ballmer is the one to lead them there. At this point ms is in a fight for third place.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

This, from the makers of the Kins. Remember those winners?

Heh, maybe the dual core is for a new and improved Zune! ;)

No doubt they have had some duds. Im telling you though (as I look to move to something different, but not because of the OS), this is a totally different animal.
Its VERY good, and works as smooth as iOS. Far ahead of any android dual core on the market now when it comes to smoothness of operation. In my experience.

No comment due to lame phones and OS

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Just got an HTC Arrive today & upgraded it to "mango". So far, BEST MOBILE OS, EVER, PERIOD. I've owned various Android, IOS, and 'Berrys - it's not even close.

Last edited:
I dont disagree yet. It is a great OS. I have had the same phone with a regional carrier, and updated to mango as well. Its impressive.

No doubt they have had some duds. Im telling you though (as I look to move to something different, but not because of the OS), this is a totally different animal.
Its VERY good, and works as smooth as iOS. Far ahead of any android dual core on the market now when it comes to smoothness of operation. In my experience.

Some duds? They have a history of duds in the mobile space. I'm still waiting for their first successful mobile phone.

I haven't seen a dualcore phone running android that would be considered anything less than smooth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)