Microsoft extends Xbox 360 warranty to one year

good for them, its the right thing to do! I would feel a whole lot cozier if I was a customer buying a 360 now..seems like they are stepping up to the plate-wonder if it is because of the Sony one year warrenty?

Hmmm. Sounds good but we'll see. I sent my 360 in the next day, before I realized that the update bricked it. I tried and tried to get my money back. Even though everyone at Microsoft agreed that I should not have to pay for the repair, since I already had they could not give me a refund.

Hmmm. Sounds good but we'll see. I sent my 360 in the next day, before I realized that the update bricked it. I tried and tried to get my money back. Even though everyone at Microsoft agreed that I should not have to pay for the repair, since I already had they could not give me a refund.

just got off the phone with xbox support,since i did not have a extended warranty i can now purchase one since i am within the 1 year MS Warranty.

The first message you hear is that all people who paid to have there boxes fixed within 1 year of purchase will be receiving refunds and this would happen automatically no need to call

What about those of us who already purchased the 2yr extended warranty from M$? Will it now become affective after the new 1yr MS warranty is up?

Last edited:
After finding out most of their systems were defective and that make tons of noise...thats the least they can do...
+ the xbox bundle packages were going for 425$ at my costco... remote control wireless + charge kit+ arcade game + 1 month live free ..the console is losing its value because the PS3 is far superior system..xbox 360 only got live to keep them there...but ps3 online will get better over the time.

After finding out most of their systems were defective and that make tons of noise...thats the least they can do...
+ the xbox bundle packages were going for 425$ at my costco... remote control wireless + charge kit+ arcade game + 1 month live free ..the console is losing its value because the PS3 is far superior system..xbox 360 only got live to keep them there...but ps3 online will get better over the time.

20 posts and you're already getting old. Lemme just simplify every post you are every going to write: PS3>x. I get the equation, it's not very interesting.

Really??? Well, mine works just fine. In fact is has since I purchased it. Tons of noise? I guess I just can hear it over my 700 watt 6.1 surround system which is powered by a Sony receiver by the way. Seriously, I wonder if some of these people work for some of these companies and are getting paid to come on here and spew this crap!

No that needed the freakin extension but there it goes.. I went on vacations to Orlando for 10 days, got back las Friday. Well I missed my Gears of Wars very much, so after I take all the Luggage out of my wife's SUV , I turn on the Multiple Outlet, which I made sure that I turn off before I left, to protect my VIP-622, Xbox 360, 37" AQUOS LCD etc.(I have a UPS too) Well guess what the damn Xbox got froze, well I turn it off and then back on, and dadadadada the 3 red lights of death. Damn it the console was working very good, since Feb 06. This was my second Unit after the one that I bought on Nov 05 never worked well.
This is not fair, the whole New Year's Weekend with no Xbox, not to mention that I haven't played it since Dec-17.

I called M$, I tried everything for hours. They are sending a Prepaid Box via UPS so I can send it to be "repaired". So a couple of weeks GoD knows how long without Xbox. I have a $50 EB Games gift card that was going to use for the HD-DVD, I'm desperate(LOL), maybe a Core that I can later give to my son can do the trick..(I have 2 HDs). I just have to hide the green box.... :D

PD Good thing, back on Nov 05, when my firts unit got damaged, they didn't cover the warranty because I'm in Puerto Rico, they just stated that many units were stolen. The only option was to ship it to a friend and then he ship to to M$. No way I just took it back to Sears. This time there was no limitations, so at least something worked..

Well what do you know. I got a refund check for $139.90 today. A bit longer than the 10 weeks the said, but I am surprised I got it all, so I am happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)