Microsoft reportedly delays Windows 8.1 Update 1 to April

I'm running 8.1 now on my laptop - it took some getting used to but now I wouldn't want to regress. I did miss the Start button in 8.0 so I was glad for the incremental "upgrade". The next release will have an additional power management feature that sounds useful...but I'm in no hurry...

Yeah I think they already said that they were looking at bringing the start button back with Windows 9 which is suppose to be out sometime next year. We might know more in the upcoming developer show so those who want it might be getting it back. Either way I never use it and just pin things down on my task bar that I use allot due to I like to keep my desktop clean.. :)

They have programs that add the start button back and they seem to work well. It's like having two different desktops with Windows 8 and the new one that they have with the apps on it is scrollable to the right. It takes getting used to. I usually just switch over to the legacy desktop when it starts up and put the computer to sleep when not using it for long periods so that having to switch to the legacy desktop is not an issue for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)