Microsoft reverses Xbox One online check and used games policies!!

That's good news but they still need to lower the price down $100 also.

Scott beat me to it. Not fair to just say it's $100 more..... I'm thinking advanced sales projections were dismal and they had to do this.

It's only $40 more then the Sony when you add in the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Scott beat me to it. Not fair to just say it's $100 more..... I'm thinking advanced sales projections were dismal and they had to do this.

That depends on if you wanted the camera or not. I'm not buying one for my PS4 unless they start releasing games that are truly better because of it so it really is $100 cheaper for me.

I have had a kinect on my 360 for quite a while now and I have yet to see a real AAA game that makes me want to use it. The Nike Kinect fitness game is the only thing I ever used consistently and sometimes family or friends would play Dance Central but as far as I can tell that's about all the 360's kinect is really good for.

As for the voice commands and Minority Report type hand gestures... I don't know if anyone else here remembers the Project Natal reveal. That is what they originally called kinect when they showed it off. Anyways, they promised us a lot of this same type of stuff back then but in reality it just doesn't work that well. I often have to say voice commands 3 or 4 times before the kinect even picks up on it. Once it does it is usually ok at figuring out what I meant but not always. There are also reports on gaming websites of movies been stopped or exited because people are talking in the room. I don't use my 360 for movies so I haven't experienced this myself. I have found that it's much easier and faster to do things on my controller or smartglass app on my iPad.

In my opinion kinect on 360 isn't worth owning unless you are really into dancing or fitness games. From what they are saying in their Xbox One events they have greatly improved it for the next generation. However, they made the original kinect out to be a device that could do a lot of these things much better than it really could too.

I will own a Xbox One, sooner rather than later, but it won't be because of Kinect. Until they prove all this stuff out in the real world I would be leery of staged tech demos. They have been used to mislead the gaming community as long as they have existed.

I have even less faith in Sony's Eye camera. The Playstation Move was not as good as Kinect this gen and I highly doubt they have surpassed Microsoft with a device they are keeping very quiet about. So for someone like me, who just wants to play hardcore games on these devices the Playstation Eye isn't something I'm buying. It really is just a $100 difference to me.

The $100 price difference isn't just in price, it is in functionality. That Kinect device isn't cheap, and since it's obviously critical to the functionality (for better or worse) of the XBone it can't be optional and thus needs to be figured in the cost. Rest assured, when both systems are released and the two are "competing" with each other officially Microsoft will be quick to point out the multimedia capabilities/advantages of their system versus the PS4. Sony will obviously counter with the "If you want to play games, play here for cheaper" argument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)