Microsoft's getting aggressive and it's about time

I do not think MS will do much harm to Google. MS has a negative vibe with a lot of people that have fought Windows for many years. And MS is pushing Windows 8, not a widely loved product. They seem to be trying to tell folks "You still need to buy our station wagon, look, we've added faux wood to the sides" while everyone wants to buy the new nimble sports cars.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I do not think MS will do much harm to Google. MS has a negative vibe with a lot of people that have fought Windows for many years. And MS is pushing Windows 8, not a widely loved product. They seem to be trying to tell folks "You still need to buy our station wagon, look, we've added faux wood to the sides" while everyone wants to buy the new nimble sports cars.

...and put the damn steering wheel in the back seat with the pedals still up front. MS is a dinosaur that will eventually fall into a tar pit of it's own making and not climb back out.

The interesting side to MS's latest ads about the Chromebook are interesting in the product recognition they have brought to the Chromebook. People are now looking at them as evidenced by the fact that 4 of the top 20 laptops on Amazon are Chromebooks.

The old MS' FUD that could freeze a market in the past, just won't work these days. MS doesn't have that kind of clout any more as people at home and work have found that they can use Windows, iOS, Android and even Linux and still get done what they wanted to. And with Win8.1 and MS Office pushing for cloud these days, that plays right into Google's cloud storage ideas.

For me, at the desk is my MacBook Pro or Win8.1 box, at the recliner it is the Chromebook or tablet (for reading mostly). Oddly 90% of what I do on a daily basis I could do on any of the boxes! And that is what scares the hell out of MS!

MS is a dinosaur that will eventually fall into a tar pit of it's own making and not climb back out.
You may be right but it sure is taking its own sweet time about it. MS still has 70 or 80 percent of the market. That is less than before but it still has a ridiculous lead over the competition. You really can't call it competition when MS has 3/4 of the market and the others have a tenth or less.
MS is pushing Windows 8, not a widely loved product.
Windows 8 alone is more popular than apple's os. If apple is popular than you can not claim that Windows 8 is unpopular when it is more popular than apple.

You may be right but it sure is taking its own sweet time about it. MS still has 70 or 80 percent of the market. That is less than before but it still has a ridiculous lead over the competition. You really can't call it competition when MS has 3/4 of the market and the others have a tenth or less.

Windows 8 alone is more popular than apple's os. If apple is popular than you can not claim that Windows 8 is unpopular when it is more popular than apple.

Windows still has the high percentage of the PC market, but the market is rapidly shrinking as home PC sales drop and are replaced by tablet sales.

Yep, a shrinking portion of a shrinking product field. And W8 is not widely loved by folks using earlier versions of Windows.

Yep, a shrinking portion of a shrinking product field. And W8 is not widely loved by folks using earlier versions of Windows.

That's true. When I had XP I waited until W7 came out to upgrade. I'll either wait until W9 come out or if that still sucks, I'll probably get a Mac if/when my PC dies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)