Mike Flanagan reportedly found dead at his home.

Suicide is a cowardly move. Period. Should it wipe out everything else he stood for? No, but it's just wrong. Was he thinking about what this would do to his family? Nope.

Let's wait till all this comes out. You do not know what was going on his life to have to possibly come to this decision.

Former Cy Young winner's death ruled suicide
Comments 0
August 25, 2011 9:45 AM
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
UPDATE

BALTIMORE — The death of former Cy Young Award winner Mike Flanagan has been ruled a suicide.

The Maryland medical examiner says Flanagan died Wednesday of a self-inflicted shotgun wound to the head.

The 59-year-old pitcher's body was found about 250 feet behind his home. An investigation showed he was home alone and that Flanagan was upset about financial issues. He left no note.

Police say Flanagan's wife last spoke to her husband about 1 a.m. Wednesday. She told police he sounded upset and promised he would talk to her later.

When she did not hear from Flanagan, she called a neighbor to check on him. The neighbor went to the home and called 911 after failing to find him.

Read more: Former Cy Young winner found dead at home | home, winner, young - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

Mike Flanagan's Obituary finally ran in the newspaper of his home city, The Union Leader, of Manchester, New Hampshire (pop. 100,000+) and surprisingly there are have only been five guest book entries. I really don't know what to make of that. The only reason I looked it up was to see if any of our mutual aquaintences has posted a condolence message (I've never met him, but several of my friends have). The Legacy obituaries of local celebrities commonly attract hundreds of comments.

Fosters Obituaries Past 30 days: All of Fosters Obituaries from Past 30 days

Last edited:
Mike Flanagan's Obituary finally ran in the newspaper of his home city, The Union Leader, of Manchester, New Hampshire (pop. 100,000+) and surprisingly there are have only been five guest book entries. I really don't know what to make of that. The only reason I looked it up was to see if any of our mutual aquaintences has posted a condolence message (I've never met him, but several of my friends have). The Legacy obituaries of local celebrities commonly attract hundreds of comments.

Fosters Obituaries Past 30 days: All of Fosters Obituaries from Past 30 days

The guest book entry total has jumped up to 146 but has been at that number for half a day now. I suspect that, 1) the fact that the Obituary listing was delayed nearly two weeks meant that few people were looking for it when it did run, and, 2) I think that the submissions are being held up for screening so that "inappropriate" ones do not get published.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)