military channel in HD

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
has anyone know when the the miltary channel will be going HD and when will Dish pick it up in HD?

that will be great If you want to add a progtamming request for me do you know anyone in programming that i can get in touch with.about adding these HD Channels The Outdoor ChannelHD,WETVHD,OxygenHD,OvationHD.What is going on with the new satellite will it be used for new HD Channels?Any help would be very appreciated.

There is a rumor on another forum that Discovery launched Military Channel HD on Saturday.

It sure would be nice to have The Military Channel in HD. I am sure a lot of Dish customers are Vets and proud. I was drafted and spent time in the Infantry in Vietnam. Your time spent in the military was a big part of any Vets life. A lot of their programs are repeats though. I am sure if it was available to Dish in HD, they would broadcast it in HD.

update on miltary channel

Not sure if anyone has been following the thread over at AVSFourm, but a few new HD channels have officially launched and are available on some smaller cable systems in the US.

Military Channel HD
Military History Channel HD
Chiller HD
Antenna TV HD

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1058081/of...#post_22701700

EDIT: Military Channel HD is now announced for TWC California in Jan, so its getting even more distribution!
smile.gif

I would love these channels.

Not sure if anyone has been following the thread over at AVSFourm, but a few new HD channels have officially launched and are available on some smaller cable systems in the US.

Military Channel HD
Military History Channel HD
Chiller HD
Antenna TV HD

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1058081/of...#post_22701700

EDIT: Military Channel HD is now announced for TWC California in Jan, so its getting even more distribution!
smile.gif

Re: update on miltary channel

I'm still confused why it took so long to see Military in HD. A lot of the content was done in HD as it was first shown on Discovery HD Theater.

I'm still confused why it took so long to see Military in HD. A lot of the content was done in HD as it was first shown on Discovery HD Theater.
discovery has been retooling their channels..maybe they were thinking the military channel might be next on the chopping block

Ehhh.... There is a rumor on another website that says.... Blah, Blah, blah..... Even the Discovery website doesn't show it...

according to a source they told me that The Miltary Channel HD launched on December 1st.i just wonder when dish will pick the channel up ini HD?i know alot of the old prgroamming was shot in HD and was broadcasted on another channel.

Originally Posted by bluegras
when was the miltary channel HD launched?

Discovery launched the HD feed on December 1st, I don't know any providers that have it yet.
Quote:
What is the miltary history channel HD?

Military History Channel is a sister station to History and H2:
http://military.history.com/

Bring back Discovery Wings! (it never plumbed all the possibilities of aviation...enough military already...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)