AZBOX Mini me American 2.02 will not boot past splash screen

kimmykim

Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
Canada
im calling it a splash screen but it may be called something else. The unit worked great for while but locked up when I left it on over night a couple of weeks ago. I unplugged it and left it for a few weeks. Now I cannot get past the screen that says azbox mini me American edition.

Could I please get some assistance with this issue

Kind Regards

I've had the same issue. I thought this was going to be fixed with the firmware release from Jan 9. But, it hasn't (at least for me). I was watching the Super Bowl tonight and every time I changed the channel and stayed on that channel for about a minute, the banner comes up and says the the "Azbox Restarting". It stays there, makes the chime Very loudly, I may add) and the back drop disappears and the banner freezes there, then disappears. I have to hold the power button on the remote until it reboots again. I've had to do this several times before it finally booted to a channel. But, it returned to the channel it last had in memory (which was COZI) so I changed channels to the Super Bowl. After a minute, it restarted again!! I rebooted it again, even though it was doing it itself, until it finally it rebooted on NBC. OMG!!! I didn't dare touch the channel again until the game was over. (or until the SeaHawks screwed up on the 1 yd line:eek:).

Pwrsurge, could you please try to explain what is happening?????? We are in February and these units are still rebooting and some are not even rebooting at all.

BTW...Kimmykim........before the splash comes up on screen push and hold the #1 button which hopefully will boot your unit in "Safe Mode". Like this you can get into the MiniMe and update the firmware.

I've had the same issue. I thought this was going to be fixed with the firmware release from Jan 9. But, it hasn't (at least for me). I was watching the Super Bowl tonight and every time I changed the channel and stayed on that channel for about a minute, the banner comes up and says the the "Azbox Restarting". It stays there, makes the chime Very loudly, I may add) and the back drop disappears and the banner freezes there, then disappears. I have to hold the power button on the remote until it reboots again. I've had to do this several times before it finally booted to a channel. But, it returned to the channel it last had in memory (which was COZI) so I changed channels to the Super Bowl. After a minute, it restarted again!! I rebooted it again, even though it was doing it itself, until it finally it rebooted on NBC. OMG!!! I didn't dare touch the channel again until the game was over. (or until the SeaHawks screwed up on the 1 yd line:eek:).

Pwrsurge, could you please try to explain what is happening?????? We are in February and these units are still rebooting and some are not even rebooting at all.

BTW...Kimmykim........before the splash comes up on screen push and hold the #1 button which hopefully will boot your unit in "Safe Mode". Like this you can get into the MiniMe and update the firmware.

Thanks I have upgrade to 2.03. I have some issues. First the box will reboot with I tune LPBHD for some reason and when I plug an USB Hard Drive in it just says its formatting in status mneu

When you abruptly reboot the box (meaning it wasn't given the chance to shut down properly) it will revert to the last channel in memory. LPBHD was probably that channel.

Even though Pwrsurge says that there is no issue with connecting USB drives, the Azbox does not recognize my drive. At least yours says it is formatting, I can't browse mine at all. I'm very disappeared with this device.

Jorgek,

Its a firmware issue, what can Dr. Sat do for me that others are having the same issue?

Pwrsurge is the support here and he should relay these issues to Azbox. Are Dr. Sat and Pwrsurge one is the same? I not sure, but Dr. Sat does have some connection with Azbox since he tests the firmware releases. This is what he told me when I went to his store.

Jorgek,

Its a firmware issue, what can Dr. Sat do for me that others are having the same issue?

Pwrsurge is the support here and he should relay these issues to Azbox. Are Dr. Sat and Pwrsurge one is the same? I not sure, but Dr. Sat does have some connection with Azbox since he tests the firmware releases. This is what he told me when I went to his store.

The consensus of opinion is that Pwrsurge, Dr. Sat and Azbox Canada are all one and the same.
Perhaps a second set of hands may be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)