Minibud

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
I tried the BSC621 on my new 1.2m geosat and got nothing. I was just reading the thread about the conical test results and saw the mount was sitting on top of the LNB arm instead of over the end how I set mine up.
Is this the way everyone is doing it with the Geosat 1.2 as a minibud and if it is that would explain why I was getting nothing?

Attachments

• 6010_1194038891782_1252725324_531797_4418381_n.jpg
    6010_1194038891782_1252725324_531797_4418381_n.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 297
Sorry Ice, first time I have tried to use pics. It is the same one that is in the conical test results thread one or two down.

Last edited:
First make sure the feedhorn mouth is in the right place. The distance from the mouth to the bottom of the dish should be about the focal length, probably a hair less.

Second the Geo 1.2m has a very low f/D for an offset: 0.5. The conical scalar ring may be cutting off a fair portion of the dish as it is probably designed for higher f/Ds. You can try sliding it back quite a bit, or you might try putting on the normal C-band scalar that came with your feed and have the feed mouth inset by 0.5 to 0.75" from the scalar rings if possible.

I have just started to play with this. Really just wanted to see what I can get compared to my 6'. I'll give the flat scalar a shot and push the lnbf out 1/2" or so from the rings and see if anything is there.

Thanks guys.

Do I still want the bar inside the LNBF vertical to the polar axis? I have seen pics with the c band lnb in all different positions on the BSC621.

Do I still want the bar inside the LNBF vertical to the polar axis? I have seen pics with the c band lnb in all different positions on the BSC621.

If your 1.2m is on a motor, the feed will need to be aligned so the vertical pickup is in line with the vertical axis of the dish. If you're only using the azimuth/elevation mount that came with the dish, you'll have to skew the feed for each orbital position you test.

Thanks pedragon, that's what I figured but every picture I have seen (I think they were motorized) c band lnb in a different place.
And yes it is on a DG380.

Marty

Status
Please reply by conversation.