minimum 1 joey per hopper

Were you able to get any configuration that includes less than 1 joey per hopper?

• Total voters
For me with future integration of the two hoppers, really wanted two now as a new customer where when they did integrate it will cost $$$ then

I totally agree with you. For the same monthly fee and such a small up-front difference for the extra tuners, I think it's a no-brainer. I still say there will be many homes that find that the three tuner solution won't work for multiple TVs/multiple family members. Besides, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Just tried a chat again. Escalated to the supervisor, but still said it was not possible. I mentioned that I knew several people had the 2Hopper/1Joey configuration installed but the supervisor said it is impossible. I have now been told no 4 times. Waiting on a PM from DIRT. I tried DIRT Thursday and was told no but maybe changes have been made.

I totally agree with you. For the same monthly fee and such a small up-front difference for the extra tuners, I think it's a no-brainer. I still say there will be many homes that find that the three tuner solution won't work for multiple TVs/multiple family members. Besides, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

That was my other concern, while I don't consider ourselves power users having the second hopper is a piece of mind as I will have the hopper in the basement (man's den) hooked up with the Joey and have the other hopper in our living room without joey attachment

I just contacted a rep through chat and said I wanted to change my scheduled 2 Hopper, 2 Joey install to 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. The rep advised me that there would be a $200 charge for the Hoppers, which I already knew, and then proceeded to update my account. She changed me to 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey, no questions asked.

I just contacted a rep through chat and said I wanted to change my scheduled 2 Hopper, 2 Joey install to 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. The rep advised me that there would be a $200 charge for the Hoppers, which I already knew, and then proceeded to update my account. She changed me to 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey, no questions asked.
I spoke too soon. I received the change of service confirmation and it only showed 1 Hopper and 1 Joey. I then contacted another rep who confirmed that I was only setup for 1 Hopper and, even after multiple conversations with his supervisor, he advised that the system simply won't allow him to schedule 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. I am now back to 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys and I will deal with the extra Joey after setup has been completed.

I voted "Other" Excerpt from chat with Dirt," I want 2 hoppers $99 each, one joey, unless two are required.
Yes you can do 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. It will be 200.00 upgrade. When do you want us to come out? The earliest for that install would be Thursday 12-5". When I got email confirmation it said 2 hoppers and 2 joeys and 8-12 appointment.
Dan

If you can afford $7 month for now and have an extra HDMI available on your Hopper1 TV, a 2h/2j 3 TV installation has a hidden benefit. Install the extra Joey next to Hopper1 using the extra HDMI port and you now have access to the other Hopper2's programming - before the 2 Hopper communication software turns up (soon). When the new software turns up, give back the extra Joey (say your kid finally moved out) or get another TV.

fuzzy said:
2 hoppers @ $200 no joeys installed. I just refused the joeys and it worked. monthy fees $17.00

Could you explain how you accomplished this, I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in this configuration.

So if you order 2H/2J and then when they arrive to install you tell them you only want one of the Joeys...what happens if Dish refuses to alter the work order? Are you charged a visit fee if you refuse the installation?

So if you order 2H/2J and then when they arrive to install you tell them you only want one of the Joeys...what happens if Dish refuses to alter the work order? Are you charged a visit fee if you refuse the installation?
Even if the installer activates the 2nd Joey, you can call Dish up immediately after the install and have it de-activated, leaving you with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. Trust me, it works. :)

Just for kicks, I just chatted up another Dish CSR. This time I was told I could not do a 2H/1J configuration. I pointed out I was told earlier in the week on chat that I could and that I saved the transcript. After three times of going away and checking he said he could not do it. I mentioned that was a shame when Direct had a 5 tuner system. I was immediately transferred to retention. LOL

However, even retention told me it would not be allowed. The crazy, crazy people making the rules at Dish. Wow! You know I really want the 2H/1J and I am tempted to do as others have and just remove a Joey later, but I've almost talked myself into investigating Direct now. Hmmm.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)