Minimum cost TV+internet

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
What is the minimum cost TV+internet plan. What channels and inet speed? The 'recovery' has left me behind.

Have you tried calling your provider or checking their website? They would have the latest information.

I would suggest calling or chatting. Some companies dont put everything out there price wise. They put the "best deal" and thats it.

I had to do that for a buddy of mine who moved into Charter territory. They pushed $90 minimum for cable and internet when all he wanted was simple internet and lifeline cable. Chatting found a deal for under $50 for him

YMMV

There is no way anyone could answer that without knowing if you have access to cable or other broadband and from whom.

There is no way anyone could answer that without knowing if you have access to cable or other broadband and from whom.

I thought being in the Bright House Cable Forum

would make that obvious. Yes, I have access to cable BHN and Roadrunner internet, currently paying $141.55 per month. I need to cut that WAAAAAYYY down, and am now willing to give up lots of services to do it. It is a necessity.

I thought being in the Bright House Cable Forum
would make that obvious. Yes, I have access to cable BHN and Roadrunner internet, currently paying $141.55 per month. I need to cut that WAAAAAYYY down, and am now willing to give up lots of services to do it. It is a necessity.

I think what he means is do you have "other" providers in the same area besides bright house. They typically will give better deals if you are in an "over build" area with multiple providers..

But yes the best way to get a better deal is to call. Beacuse you will get an even better deal then on the site. Explain to them the situation and what your minimum requirements are and they can get you on a promotion. Explain that if you are not within this minimum spec you will just cancel service. Dont be rude about it just explain you want to keep the service just cant afford it, you have a hard ship and they will work with you, Wouldnt be surpised to see that 141 drop to below 100 easily. still having standard rr and digital tv.

Same gripe, different days/months/years<-----many years!
How is it that you are THE highest poster, always complaining, trashing yet, year after year, you stay with BHN?
I can only imagine the amount of sms notes BH has from you. I mean I can come to this site maybe three four times a year and you are always front and center with basically "I hate BH" threads.
Actually, I think I do get it and it's scary.

Who are you referring to?

He is referring to me. Doesn't like me expressing my opinions when they are negative. Apparently only positive, sweet, lavender comments fit his disposition.

Well, maybe NOT me. I never knew I was the highest poster. Is that right?

No idea but you have helped me several times.I like this site because I get facts and opinions. I am open as to waht all think and see with BH. I have been with them for many years. Not perfect but from friends that have Verizon etc. they all have issues at times. I get the best customer service all the time from BH. I do agree calling is the best way for you. I do it each year and look for the best deal and yes I do have my own budget restraints so understand that one. I have Cable/DVR HD and no extras like movie channels, sports pk etc. None. I have a lower speed Road Runner internet and phone. I had higher speed on a deal but never saw any difference as just me here. I pay with tax $120.56. I have seen it go down the last 2 years via promotion packages not advertised. Hope this helps you. Understand I have Verizon so competition. I have had to use that as a talking point along with the satellites. My friend who does not have Verizon uses the sats. He gets goos deals as well but doesn't want all I have in a bundle. Hope this helps you.

He is referring to me. Doesn't like me expressing my opinions when they are negative. Apparently only positive, sweet, lavender comments fit his disposition.

Well, maybe NOT me. I never knew I was the highest poster. Is that right?

I pay much less with DSL and Dish inb Tampa rather than Brighthouse or Fios. Just my opinion of course but the Brighthouse picture is not as good as Fios or Dish or Direct. But money was your question, so can you live without cable internet and get DSL then get a carrier with a smaller less expensive package? Plus I get a boku amount of OTA channels, from the Tampa area, Sarasota, and if I turn my antenna from Orlando.

I certainly agree that there are numerous positive points for BHN. Usually, service is quite good, although the first contact by phone often is unrewarding...but with some additional effort you get to people who really know what they are doing.

With service as the major positive, and to keep my reputation intact, I have to nevertheless add that price is at the other end (negative) of the praise scale.

Newest HD converter?

Intelsat 23 Launch Countdown Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)