Minimum successful signal level?

GoWulfpack919

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
NC
I'm now considering "moving" my locals from Raleigh to Charlotte. HD is fine but I do have two SD tv's that I'm worried about. After doing the list and so forth I find Sat 110 and TP 26 getting me signal strength level btw 25-27. Is this enough or will I constantly have to live with signal loss?

According to Spotbeam 06, I live approx where the 540 sign is btw the green and yellow lines. Thoughts?

E10_SB6.jpg

Well interestingly I was tailgating this past weekend for the Tn/GA game and did a rush job of setting up the dish. I had a 12-16 signal on 129 trans 4 (Atlanta locals) and had them just fine...

Bad weather equals moderate+ rain or snow. At least at my 8500ft altitude it takes actual bad weather to degrade reception. Perhaps the difference is our thinner Colorado mountain air and no pollution to block the signals!

That range of signals is okay...but it will drop out a lot easier. I would just go ahead and go for it and see how it works out for you.

That range of signals is okay...but it will drop out a lot easier. I would just go ahead and go for it and see how it works out for you.

Easy for you to say....you won't have to hear from the nagging wife should the DVR'd shows not show up. :D

Thanks

25 to 27 will be pretty reliable in good weather, with an occasional dropout, and become less reliable as the weather deteriorates. While the goal is almost always to get as high a reading as possible, if you get in the 40s you shouldn't have any problems. Of course, a massive snow or hail storm will block DBS no matter what your signal strength (those Super Cells will also block DBS no matter).

If you don't want to live with the reliability issues of 25 to 27, you'll need to invest in an equipment upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts