Minn. - San Fran. Game, Audio

Skytrooper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Baden, Pa.
Always watch football with my antenna other than Comcast. Better picture. Anyhow, when I switch to antenna, I can’t hear the announcers voices. Can hear the refs and crowd, but no announcers. Comcast works just fine.

I tried different sound fields on my Yamaha Receiver to no avail. Anyone have clue what’s up with this ?

Now things really turned weird. Switched from the end of the NFC game to the AFC game on CBS. Caught the end of the local news. Audio fine. As soon as the pre game came on, goodbye voice audio. But you can hear the crowd noises and music. ?????? Switch to the game on Comcast box and everything is fine.

I just have to watch the Comcast box for now.

Center speaker working. Just background stuff. I just now switched over to the LG OLED’s internal speakers and still no voices. Hope it ain’t me doing something stupid.

Wait a minute. Just remembered I tried all my OTA channels and the sound is fine. Just NFL stuff is messed up.

Can’t remember how to check secondary audio. But like I stated earlier, I turned on the LG’s internal speakers without using my Yamaha Receiver and still no voice audio.

I don't watch sports, but I remember reading at one time that sometimes, secondary audio during certain sports events would be "natural" audio without the announcers. So if you've somehow set your TV to output secondary audio, that may explain it.

- Trip

Well, watching playoff game on CBS and everything fine today. I made no changes to my stuff.

I looked for secondary audio on my LG OLED and couldn’t find any control for that. I do remember my Oppo 83 Blu Ray having that option.

My locals come from Pittsburgh.

Oh well, happy again. Just want to know why. Later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)