Minor League/College Hockey

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Since there is not going to be an NHL season I will be interested in finding AHL games, in particular the Albany River Rats and the Philadelphia Phatoms. If anybody comes across any minor league or college hockey feeds, please let me know.

And remember, "Keep your stick on the ice."

~J~

P.S. Speaking of keeping your stick on the ice, are there any Red Green or "Slap Shot" fans out there?

Diamond Jim said:
Since there is not going to be an NHL season I will be interested in finding AHL games, in particular the Albany River Rats and the Philadelphia Phatoms. If anybody comes across any minor league or college hockey feeds, please let me know.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux
G3 (95)
V
schedule

There was a lot of college hockey last year on FTA...and probably more this year :)

And remember, "Keep your stick on the ice."

Damn right...love when people use the Red Green quote :D

Iceman,

Thanks for the ND Sou ix schedule, printed that baby out. Main question, what time zone are you and North Dakota in? I am in the eastern, but we don't change our clocks, we should be on the same time right now, if you are in the Central, when you turn your clocks back you will be an hour behind me, right?

~J~

Central Time Zone (always one hour behind Eastern time)

right now its 9:30
we do turn the clocks back

10-4. it's 9:30 here also. When you turn your clocks back you will be an hour behind me. Last Sunday in October, I believe.

Also, do you know if any college teams besides ND that use the same satellite on a regular basis? For example, when I want to watch an IRL race, 9 times out of 10 the ABC feed will be on G11, 13 or 15, and ESPN on AMC 9, 18 or 19. It takes so long to scan with the 3618, I lose patience.

Thanks,
~J~

2 more games
12/29 & 12/30
Minn St Mankato vs. Ohio St
Colorado College vs. Ohio St

Ohio News Network...SBS6

found it on a college hockey site.
they are listing all the games available on TV..and other than the Sioux and those 2 games, all the rest are on RSN's or local TV

Well I'm an E* guy and would love some college hockey, I think if I add the sports pack, college games aren't blacked out right? Also if we end up getting CSTV there's some more games there...

BFG said:
Well I'm an E* guy and would love some college hockey, I think if I add the sports pack, college games aren't blacked out right? Also if we end up getting CSTV there's some more games there...

This is not FTA but since you have E, check the RSN alternate channels on Friday and Saturday nights during the season. The U. of Wisconsin games are usually shown on one of the alternates in the clear. Other college games may pop up also along with a few minor league hockey games.

Diamond Jim said:
I'm a BUD man with C and Ku Band with MPEG2 DVD, what is this D and E stuff you guys keep talking about. Forgive the ignorance.

~J~
E is for EchoStar, D is for DirecTV.

Now my question, what does MPEG2 DVD have to do with C and Ku Band? :p;)
I have Ku Band and a MPEG2 based DVD player and integrating the two is an intriguing concept. :)

TuxCoder said:
Now my question, what does MPEG2 DVD have to do with C and Ku Band? :p;)
I have Ku Band and a MPEG2 based DVD player and integrating the two is an intriguing concept. :)

My Satworks 3618 MPEG2 receiver runs through my Motorola 922 4DTV receiver, I have an 8 foot spun aluminium dish. I can pick up every satellite in the Clark Belt from AMC 8 (138.0 degrees west) to AMC 6 (72.0) degrees east). C Band is another set of frequencies lower than Ku Band. To make a long story short, C Band was first, then Ku Band came. It's like comparing C band to AM radio and Ku to FM radio. FTA, analog and digital signals are transmitted on both C and Ku Bands. Some satellites are C band only, some are Ku band only and some are C and Ku band combined. I can go to any satellite and have the option of watching analog or digital on the 922 and digital on the 3618. If it's up there, I can get it in some shape or form.

I am sure that is as clear as mud. Pete, do you have any thing to add?

~J~

Nope you pretty much covered it, I am just a bit jealous : ) I can see more sky but don't have C band ....yet. I can see from around 25W to 165W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts