mirroring or what

jules0318

Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
okay let me begin with I have a 311 reciever thats is in my basement . I want to mirror that reviever to my sons room . Can it be done??? What do I have to do? Or I also have a 301 reciever that I can hook up in my sons room if I have to . But will have to pay the 5.00 additional fee . How do I do that?

Thanks Sooooooo much
confused

3 ways

1 get couple of diplexers
2 run straight line from point a to point b
3 hook 2nd receiver

option 1 and 2 will need to get UHF pyramid to make remote work through walls. or run to the point a to change channel

To mirror with the 311--

If the TV in the basement has RCA Audio/Video inputs (R&L audio/video-red,white/yellow) use those to that TV then connect a coax cable to the "TV OUT" to your son's TV. If there are no RCA/composite inputs on the basement TV just use a splitter on the "TV OUT" coax- -one line to the basement TV. the other to your son's. For the receiver to be controlled from his room you need to pick up a "IR-to-UHF Upgrade Kit" from any retailer. It consists of a little gizmo that attaches under the 311 and includes a small antenna & UHF remote. You can get one from any Dish retailer. Its been awhile but that's what I did when I was using the 311 this way and I think the kit was something like $30. Hope this helps.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)