Missed recordings, no trace of event even in Skipped

Sorry to read you've missed some shows. Double check Dish Anywhere or stream them on the Hopper to get caught up.

Unfortunately episode S2E7 of The Expanse is missing from Dish Anywhere and from the Hopper so for now I am stuck missing an episode.

Edit: Found that I can stream the episode from the Syfy Now app and cast it to Chromecast.

Last edited:
How a company in the entertainment delivery service can bust something so basic is baffling.

I now have a hostile wife that wants me to change providers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using the SatelliteGuys app!

I've got a DirecTV Genie that has been known to skip timers and miss shows too. Between the Hopper and the Genie I can be pretty sure I don't miss anything, unless of course the weather gets very bad. ;)

After reading the threads related to this issue, I decided to check my timers, Sure enough, a lot of shows did not record. I wasted a lot of time going through my 100+ timers to see which ones were working and which ones weren't. Determining if a show was supposed to record vs that it wasn't on last week or next week is very time consuming and annoying. Trying to find repeat showings of missing episodes, or finding the missing episodes online is also extremely annoying and time consuming. It also doesn't help that Dish search is totally useless.

As a programmer/software engineer, I find it hard to believe that Dish releases software with as many issues as it does! It is possible that the program guide change was not planned and was forced upon the programmers without prior knowledge, but if that is true, it still shows very poor planning by Dish management. I am trying to cut Dish some slack, but I am really getting fed up with all the problems.

Not working for me, I have one programming that is set on New and Reruns that is giving me a headache. Basically, the selected programming in the guide will always work for the first recording but when you look on the scheduled timers in the DVR list, everything after the first recording for that programming is marked skipped. Then you have to manually change the skipped to Record this but it will only go up to the x amount of days that there is guide info for. and when the guide updates, the schedule timers ofcourse updates with new skipped events for those that did not appear before. Deleting the timer and recreating it basically brings me back to the exact same problem. Only the first one is in record and the rest of it is always on skipped. All my timers are for the same channel and the other new and reruns timers work, it's just that specific program that seems to have the problem.

I did the partial restore this morning and a timer that hadn't been recording, recorded today . Try doing that and see if it helps. The thing is you will have to do it every few days, as i did it last week and things worked fine for a few days, then messed up again.

Reactions: bspei
I haven't checked to see if I have a partial restore feature or not available as I remember some people here said they only saw a full reset option which means you lose everything including the recordings you already recorded. Just on a tight schedule now and don't have time to really go through changing the settings again since even if it were possible, I would like to a reset that kept my settings but without the timer(s) as I can always recreate those.

image.jpeg
If you hit "reset to factory defaults" then the following screen comes up. Select PARTIAL RESET.

Reactions: Almighty1
Of course today the program didn't record even thought it was in the scheduled list I stood there for a minute into the program to see if it would but it didn't. I pressed record and it started to record. I guess you have to do a partial reset every morning. Come on dish. Get your stuff together. :mad:

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Gregleg, they guide was updated. Sorry to read you've missed some shows. Double check Dish Anywhere or stream them on the Hopper to get caught up. Some timers were not recording properly. To correct this delete the timer and create a new one. That should resolve the issue. Nothing major with your unit, it was from the update on the guide.

Well I have missed several shows as well. However your OnDemand for Local's is not like it used to be either. Most shows are not even available on the 3 of the 4 networks you guys have or if they are they are several weeks back for the newest one.

Dish needs to test this before sending it out and come up with solutions first to fix this and not say, opps... The Guide was updated and nothing we can do about it.. Poor Customer Service!!!

Reactions: SandFarmer
dennispap,

Yeah I see that screen except I have 5 options... Mines goes like this:

Reset Receiver to Factory Defaults, Reset Netflix To Defaults,
Reset Youtube to Defaults, Partial Reset,
Master Reset

So it seems I have a Reset Youtube option that you don't have. Wonder why everyone has a different Defaults screen if it's the same version of the software.

My problem is I am on a tight schedule currently so don't have the time now to do the partial reset and then do all the settings again which will be time consuming if I have to keep doing this and my issue is minor since it's easier to just go through the scheduled timers and update it to record this as new guide data comes in. I'll do it when I have some more free time to mess with it. Besides, the problem will disappear once that program is finished as it only has 20 episodes with each episode shown twice a day.

My problem is not my timers but the guide data. Yesterday the timer to record the Giants game didn't record because the guide data says that there's no game last night and it was on our local NBC station. This is the second time this has happened this season.

Last edited:
My problem is not my timers but the guide data. Yesterday the timer to record the Giants game didn't record because the guide data says that there's no game last night and it was on our local NBC station. This is the second time this has happened this season.
Guide Data runs timers as well as what is made available in the guide. Missing, incomplete, erroneous and generic all influences how and if timers can be made or if already there, if they'll fire.

It's a vicious circle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)