missing all HD channels

SHEEPareBAD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2007
mn
ok, heres the story. all of my HD channels are red. as soon as i realized that they weren't there, i did what i could think of: check switch then EPG download. no go. FPR. No go. i have excellent 129 signal, and there is nothing wrong in system info one.

i also called a csr (i'm sorry for anyone who has to do this, what a joke. she treated me like i don't know squat and i told her straight away that i'm a DNS tech). she told me that if the HDD box in sys. info one was green then i should have programming. she also confirmed that i am subscribing to the right programming.

i do not have L510. i turned off my 622 for about 45 mins. (yes, tv1 and tv2) and nothing.

something peculiar was in box d i believe, (in sys. info one) it said
ViP622 DVR-SD ---- L449
why does it say SD???

another note. i did have a wicked storm last night, but the only thing not working is the HD programming. Everything else is fine.

Any other suggestions??

ok, heres the story. all of my HD channels are red. as soon as i realized that they weren't there, i did what i could think of: check switch then EPG download. no go. FPR. No go. i have excellent 129 signal, and there is nothing wrong in system info one.

i also called a csr (i'm sorry for anyone who has to do this, what a joke. she treated me like i don't know squat and i told her straight away that i'm a DNS tech). she told me that if the HDD box in sys. info one was green then i should have programming. she also confirmed that i am subscribing to the right programming.

i do not have L510. i turned off my 622 for about 45 mins. (yes, tv1 and tv2) and nothing.

something peculiar was in box d i believe, (in sys. info one) it said
ViP622 DVR-SD ---- L449
why does it say SD???

another note. i did have a wicked storm last night, but the only thing not working is the HD programming. Everything else is fine.

Any other suggestions??
Sometimes the receivers just lose their memory. Who knows why. Sounds like Dish needs to send a "hit" to the receiver again.

Wow, I lost all my HD channels too and my interaction with the CSR was relatively painless.

1) Navigate the phone menu to tech support, get a US-based CSR after less than a minute from the time I dialed the phone
2) I tell her all my HD is gone and I can't watch the Lakers-Celtics game in HD. She asks me to tune to an HD channel in red and read the message and code in upper right corer
3) She asks me to tune to 9900 and 9901, which I can do successfully (so she knows I can tune all three sats)
4) She tells me she sent me an authorization hit and asks if I can tune the game. I tell her I can't, but now I have all my other HD back. I ask if HD locals takes longer and she says yes, so I tell her I'll hang up and call back if I don't get the locals back in a few minutes.

After a couple of minutes my HD locals appear and I can watch the game in HD.

Total of maybe three minutes on the phone and completely painless. The only thing better would be to request an authorization hit on the Dish web site, or from the phone menu.

No need to call a CSR, just do a re-boot as the previous poster suggested, however pushing the power button in and holding for a few seconds is the easiest way to acheive this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)