Missing audio on half the XM stations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wildcardcis

Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
I have an old Pioneer DEH-P3370XM unit. It was deactivated for a couple of years but I have just now reactivated it.

I can see the channel number and the song title and the artist for all the stations I am supposed to receive, but on about half the stations there is no audio (even though I am seeing the song title and the artist, as I say). Of course I am missing most of the stations I really enjoy!

I have reset the radio (main unit) both by unplugging it from power (which causes it to lose all presets, among other things) and by pressing the reset button. I have also had SiriusXM send new "hits" to it. Nothing helps. SiriusXM suggested that the problem was in the radio.

I did note that Channel 190 was playing the Sports Schedule audio but when an actual game was supposed to start the audio went away. I remember that XM uses a secret "actual" channel number so that when they reassign all the station channels, your presets will still work because of the secret actual channel number. So I am suspecting that they changed the assignment for Channel 190 from one secret number (the Sports Schedule, which is on many channels) to the game (which would have been a different feed).

Do the XM satellites use two forms of polarization and one kind is not working in my antenna? I made that up, but I don't have any real understanding of how else it could be broken like this. I could put in a new antenna (and a splitter, since this is an old unit with the separate terrestrial and satellite antenna inputs) but I wonder if that might fix it.

All ideas welcome!

Well, there are two different transponders on XM, so maybe one of them isn't coming in on your radio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)