Missing Big Ten & Comcast Chicago

ka1z0ku

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Chucktown,SC
I was just inspired to bring this up due to a discussion in another thread: After switching to an all HD package no more than 2 weeks ago (HD Ultimate or whatever they called it at the time) my Big Ten network and Comcast Sportsnet Chicago disappeared, even though both were carried in HD. I wasn't concerned about it at the time, but now I think that I may deserve these channels since I was grandfathered in to the Turbo PlatinumHD package. Does anyone have any idea why I should or should not get these channels?

You don't have Turbo PlatinumHD, you have HD Absoulte and there is no Big Ten nor RSN included with HD Absoulte..

Unfortunately, the RSNs are not included in the legacy HD only packages (they seem to be in the new Turbo packages though - at least the Big Ten is at the silver level and above)

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for the info, I will have to call and gripe yet again, haha. The rep I was talking to just last night about getting some premium chans told me specifically that I had been grandfathered into the Platinum package, obviously this isn't entirely true.

Ok, thanks for the info, I will have to call and gripe yet again, haha. The rep I was talking to just last night about getting some premium chans told me specifically that I had been grandfathered into the Platinum package, obviously this isn't entirely true.

Big Ten and RSN's aren't in the platinum package. RSN's and BTN are in Turbo Silver and Gold.

Yknow, that makes just about no sense at all, but since this is Dish Network we're talking about here, I wouldn't put it past them. Just so we're clear the tiers go Broze < Silver < Gold < Platinum, correct? With the only (supposed) difference between Gold and Platinum being the HD exclusives (HD Theater, MGM, WFN, etc)?

Again, I'm going to have to call and find out something concrete when I am home. Then I will try and post the result.

You have the HD Absolute package that has NEVER had RSN's in it.

If you want your RSN, you have to subscribe to AT-200 Plus an HD package Plus the RSN package to get what you want.

It has always been that way, it is still that way, nothing has changed except Dish added the metallic ALL HD tiers that are for new subs ONLY and changed the names of the HD packages back to what they were about a year ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)