Missing CD Audio Channels

cappy11078

Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Hi everyone, this is my first post so if i'm missing necessary info just ask. I just got dish about 1 month ago. Top 100 w/ HD Bronze. The settings displays that I have a Dish 500 and Vip612 and vip211. After about a week of service I lost the cd audio channels on both receivers. These are in the 900's range. They don't appear in any of the program guides, I spoke with customer service on the phone and did all of the recommendations, restart and hard reset. All firmware and software is up to date. A tech is coming this weekend, but was wondering what can be the cause before he shows, or any info.
Thanks,
Scott

I know. I spoke to 3 service reps. on the phone trying to troubleshoot this problem. A tech is coming out this weekend. If the dish is slightly misaligned, would this give me this kind of problem. My signal strength on 61.5 is only as low as 23 to 47.

That's why you don't have the CD channels. They are only on 77 and 119. Have you tried a check switch? I'm sure the CSRs have tried that.

I did the check switch on 61.5. Do I do this on all satellites or does this test check all of them?
Tony, my ch. 170 is on sat. 72. I do receive this channel. Also, I am on all channels in the guide.

Right of the bat, I have one dish and maybe 3 lnbs. Not positive on the LNBs. I didn't observe. I know the hardware is ok , because I had these channels the first week or two I had it installed. The error I receive is : This channel is part of a subscription package that I don't subscribe to. Well, I subscribe to AT100. Thanks.

If you have 3 lnbs in an uneven cluster, then you have an eastern arc dish 1000.4. If so, you should be seeing all 3 eastern arc satellite locations including 77 where your CD audio channels are. A check switch should tell you this.

Call tech support and get them to "hit" or update your smart card. Stay on the phone with them until the channels show up. No guide update or reboot is necessary and when they say it takes 15-30 minutes, well, it's always updated in seconds in my experience, not minutes.

First off, Happy Turkey Day to all! TheKrell your right, that is the pattern of the lnbs. Thanks for that info. However my check switch is only picking up 2 satellites 61.5 and 72. This is most likely where the problem is. Is this caused by a misalignment of the dish, possibly a bad LNB, or software related?

Hall, my card is up to date, according to CSR. They tried to resend the channels. I can have them hit the card and retry.

Thanks cappy! Of course I ate way more than I should have, and I'm about ready to slide under the table. :(
Is this caused by a misalignment of the dish, possibly a bad LNB, or software related?
I claim there is something wrong with your 1000.4, or else you should see all three sats in your Check Switch screen, regardless of the state of your smart cards. Can somebody with an EA dish tell us what it shows in your Check Switch screen? Is there a "Dish 500" in there anywhere? I don't have EA so of course mine shows Dish 500.

About the only thing I would rule out is "software related." I don't believe that would cause 77 to disappear. Depending upon the answer we hear from others with an EA dish, it might be as simple as misalignment. If the dish is still aligned, then either the 77 LNB has suffered infant mortality, or else the integrated DPP43 switch has crumped. I don't believe either the cables nor the receivers are causing this problem, since they both show the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts