Missing Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pwrbasc

Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
I am looking for some suggestions to a problem I am having........about 6 months ago, I lost all channels on Galaxy 25 (IA5). I wasn't too concerned because I normally keep the receiver on GMT (Gospel Music TV), so loosing one satellite wasn't a big issue. Several days ago, I lost GMT and began to look into the problem. Right now, all I can get is 3 TV channels (3ABN English, 3ABN Latino and CH1) and 2 Radio channels (Radio 74 and 3ABN Radio).
Does this sound like a case where the LNB has died partially? We have had a few storms and did have some lightning associated with them.
Today, I checked signal on each LNB and both appear to be strong. I replaced the diseqc switch. Nothing really changed......still no Galaxy 25 and only the few channels on AMC4.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Gary

Are you using dual LNBF or motorized? Try locate the satellite invidually. I was told TP 11860 moved to AMC-2. I am not getting those channels anymore on my 180cm antenna. But if you individually check the signal on AMC4 and T5 that should help to determine the problem. I normally put T5 for my center feed and offset AMC4. Rignt now I have AMC-4 on my 6ft dish and I lost the Gospel Music Channel because of the change over to AMC-2.

I am using the 90cm dish with the dual lnbf setup....basically the stock package that Glorystar offered. I do not have a motorized dish, but I have considered going that route.

So have all of the channels moved to AMC2? If this is the case, does the dish need to be moved to receive those channels?

Thanks again,
Gary

Sounds like the dish is slightly out of alignment.

GMTN, Bethel TV, GCN and AON are channels located on transponder frequency 11860 (a weaker transponder) on the 101W satellite. The owner of the orbital position recently started migrating channels to a different satellite parked in the same position. The channels on 11860 seem to have taken a decrease in Signal Level and Signal Quality readings.

Please press the signal button and compare the Signal Quality reading of The Hope Channel _____ Now compare the Signal Quality Reading on Gospell Music Television Network______. If the Signal Quality reading is below 45%, the receiver will not be able to reliably lock and display the channel.

You may need to slightly realign the dish to peak for the weaker Signal Quality on this transponder. You will not be realigning to a new orbital position!

Thanks for the replies!

I got up on the roof and peaked each lnb and the dish as well. Both lnb's were similar in strength when I finished. I am still not getting anything on Galaxy 25, but all channels appear to be back on AMC4.......got GMT back.... I am now a happy camper :)
The signals I was seeing on each lnb could possibly be from something other than Galaxy 25. It was a strong signal, but apparently not the right bird. When I was scanning for channels, I did see Globecast pop up, if that means anything. Not sure if Globecast is on Galaxy 25 or not. Obviously, AMC4 is now locked.

Thanks,
Gary

Bypass the switch and connecting the coax directly from the receiver to LNBF 2 (on the left side standing in front of the dish), does TBN channel come in? What is the Signal Level and Signal Quality readings? Turn off the Master Power switch on the rear of the receiver, insert the switch, repower and test TBN again. What is the Signal Level and Signal Quality readings?

Remember LNBF #1 on the right side is for AMC 2/4 and LNBF #2 is for Galaxy 19 (G25). Often installers locate AMC 2/4 on the wrong LNBF and the opposing LNBF is aimed at nothing....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts