Missing Dobly Digital Audio Channels - 622 DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TazmanianD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I've read quite a number of posts about audio problems on the various dish receivers but I haven't seen anything that's quite the same as the problem I'm having so I'm starting a new topic.

I just got my new Vip622 a couples of days ago. I don't have any audio sync problems, no audio drops and no popping sounds, but all of the HD channels that deliver Dolby Digital are only coming through with a single audio channel. All the sound I'm getting is coming out of the front right speaker. A couple of channels have some sound coming out of the center as well. This appears to be happening with every channel that delivers DD including the OTA channels I get and the one HD channel I currently have from satellite (CBS-NY). The HD demo channel isn't in DD so it sounds fine. If I use the L/R audio outputs on the DVR instead of the digital audio output and switch my audio receiver to stereo mode, I only get sound out of the right speaker.

Pausing, or rewinding the video doesn't help as has been suggested to fix the other problems people are having.

I previously had a 6000 Dish receiver and never had audio problems with it and I have a DVD player that I also have no problems with, so it's not a problem with my audio receiver (which is a Denon AVR-2802).

Has anyone else seen these problems?

Um...boy am I stupid. I just realized I'm not getting any sound out of my left speaker because it came unplugged. I guess I just wasn't watching anything that had sound on the rear channels and I've been mostly watching shows with mostly voices which all get put into the center channel with dolby pro-logic so I hadn't noticed (and thus thought non-DD TV was just fine).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts