Missing DVR Recordings [Hopper 3]

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vipul128

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Hello,

I recently ran into an issue where all my DVR recordings will not play back. When I try to play them, I automatically get thrown to the Playback Stopped screen where I can delete the event or go to live TV.

Before my DVR space showed somewhere around 60% used, but now it's only showing 1% used.

All of my recordings are still there, but just can't be played.

I've tried to restart the Hopper from the menus, from the red button on the front, and by unplugging for 1 minute.

This all started happening after I had unplugged the Hopper for about 45 minutes while we moved around some furniture. Everything was working fine before then, so I don't believe it to be an issue with the new software update as was stated in another thread that I had read a few days ago.

Anyone have any ideas? Dish support was pretty useless on this one. Check status is showing all green checkmarks so it doesn't seem like the hard drive is suddenly bad.

I feel like my recordings are there, and not lost, but just not viewable for some reason.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have had some success(es) with repairing a few weird problems by doing a "partial factory reset' (found in diagnostics/tools). It doesn't delete recordings or timers, but any settings are returned to "factory", At least it SAYS it won't delete those 2 items - I've used it 2 or 3 times now and have never lost anything, but as we all know.....
Anyway, it has resolved a few strange problems for me. Something to think about.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have had some success(es) with repairing a few weird problems by doing a "partial factory reset' (found in diagnostics/tools). It doesn't delete recordings or timers, but any settings are returned to "factory", At least it SAYS it won't delete those 2 items - I've used it 2 or 3 times now and have never lost anything, but as we all know.....
Anyway, it has resolved a few strange problems for me. Something to think about.

Thanks for the info. I will try this last if I don't get any other suggestions. I would like to avoid this step just in case it deletes the recordings unless I really have to, then I will do it.

It's just really weird that all the recordings are there and just not playable. I checked this morning after having the Hopper and Joeys all turned off all night and still having the same issue.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks for the info. I will try this last if I don't get any other suggestions. I would like to avoid this step just in case it deletes the recordings unless I really have to, then I will do it.

It's just really weird that all the recordings are there and just not playable. I checked this morning after having the Hopper and Joeys all turned off all night and still having the same issue.
Can't blame you for being cautious - I was worried too, but I had few if any options. Fortunately, it worked as it was supposed to - no recordings or timers were lost in any of the 2 or 3 times I used this option. Good luck!

Can't blame you for being cautious - I was worried too, but I had few if any options. Fortunately, it worked as it was supposed to - no recordings or timers were lost in any of the 2 or 3 times I used this option. Good luck!

Well I did the partial factory reset today and still no luck with the previously recorded items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts